Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2006, 01:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default planning next years garden

I just bought my first house and it is on 1.4 acres. I can finally
have a garden! now I have never done my own garden before, and I dont
want to devote a lot of time to working it. what should i plant?
looking for foodstuffs rather than ornamental, low maintenance. An idea
of when to plant would be good too. maybe next year i'll put up a
greenhouse to extend the growing season. many moons ago when i dreamed
of my own garden patch there was a method called french intensive
farmin, just a fad? sounded fairly care free....

I live in medford wisconsin. just about in the exact center of the
state. pretty close to the center of the western hemisphere I guess, 90
lat 45 long (or is that 45 lat and 90 long?)