Old 28-11-2006, 09:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gifts

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Kate" wrote in message
oups.com...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Kate" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anybody suggest a good gardening gift? Or a company I could have
look into?

How far do you live from the recipient? Same town?

No I quite quite some distance.

Eh? Anyway, get your friend one of these. It's the single most useful
garden tool in the universe.
http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_...tem_no=PS12326

What makes it work is its shape and its thickness. Nothing to do with
sharpness. If I caught someone stealing my lawnmower, I'd let them take
it.
If I caught someone stealing this tool, I'd hack their head off with the
tool and send it home to their mommy in a lawn and leaf bag. It's that
good
a tool.

I've got a black one and a stainless steel. Also a few Japanese garden
hand tools which are from S&H with square handle interface. Everything
is round today isn't it? I think they all can double as a weapon.
Never know when some Samurai may show up ).

Or worse: Deer. I really need to learn to make a perfect head shot with a
thrown hatchet.

Old 28-11-2006, 09:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article

..net,
William Wagner wrote:

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Kate" wrote in message
oups.com...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Kate" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anybody suggest a good gardening gift? Or a company I could have a

http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_...?item_no=PS123
26

What makes it work is its shape and its thickness. Nothing to do with
sharpness. If I caught someone stealing my lawnmower, I'd let them take it.
If I caught someone stealing this tool, I'd hack their head off with the
tool and send it home to their mommy in a lawn and leaf bag. It's that good
a tool.

I've got a black one and a stainless steel. Also a few Japanese garden
hand tools which are from S&H with square handle interface. Everything
is round today isn't it? I think they all can double as a weapon.
Never know when some Samurai may show up ).

Lee Valley Tools may be worth a look.

www.leevalley.com

Bill

Quick start.

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...04&cat=2,51810

Happy Garden stuff!

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

[IMG] code is On

(ADV) Gifts starlord Gardening 1 01-04-2014 12:26 PM
July's Free Wildlife Gifts Zemedelec Gardening 0 29-06-2004 05:03 PM
Pond gifts, Whatya get for Xmas? ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 17 31-12-2003 12:08 AM
xmas fairy, naure and celtic themed gifts birdzart Gardening 0 25-11-2003 03:02 PM
xmas gifts david United Kingdom 9 17-12-2002 11:22 PM