Old 26-12-2003, 08:12 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Pond gifts, Whatya get for Xmas?

Any interesting pond or garden gifts, or pond/garden related, received this
year?

My mother gave me a wind chime w/tubes ~4 feet long. The tones sound just
like church bells. DH is gonna hang them from the peak of the beam that
extends out over our deck. )

My sister, the professional artist, gave me the original of 3 koi swimming,
all matted, framed and ready to hang. ) ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 26-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Ka30P

A lantern that can hang and takes
a small tea candle, very cute.

ka30p
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 27-12-2003, 06:04 AM
Tom La Bron

Jan,

Hang your big wind chimes closer to the house so they do not get a lot of
wind pushing them. In high wind situations they tend to make a lot of noise
and can cause serious problems when the big tubes get swinging.

Tom L.L.

Old 27-12-2003, 07:12 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Hi Tom, )

They're hanging on the most protected (north) side of the house, but if
there is a problem, DH said we could move them closer to the house. I think
it will be fairly protected since we rarely get North winds that blow real
hard and the roof will protect from west or east side winds. I guess I'll
have to turn the baby monitor back on to monitor my chimes. ;o) ~ jan

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 23:57:32 -0600, "Tom La Bron" wrote:

Jan,

Hang your big wind chimes closer to the house so they do not get a lot of
wind pushing them. In high wind situations they tend to make a lot of noise
and can cause serious problems when the big tubes get swinging.

Tom L.L.
.. .

Old 27-12-2003, 06:04 PM

dont worry, your closest neighbor will let you know. one of the few times I ever
called the police about noise was somebody with a set of these out on their balcony
... how they couldnt hear them was beyond me. Ingrid

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
I guess I'll
have to turn the baby monitor back on to monitor my chimes. ;o) ~ jan

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 28-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Robyn Rhudy

I got the combo bird bath and pond heater that's only 25 W and very
expensive so I would never have bought it. I haven't set it up yet.
Plus, I got a few more fish books to add to my pile of 180 books and 103
magazines I'll never get to read. Even though I'm 31, my mother always
gets me some "fishy toys" and stuffed animals too.

Important Notice! Robyn's web site has moved from
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ to http://www.fishpondinfo.com. This
e-mail as well as the old site (which refers to the new site) will be
deleted on 9/24/04 by UMBC (I have no say in it). After that date,
please use the e-mail of instead of this e-mail.
Please spread the word that my site has moved. Thanks.

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -
Old 28-12-2003, 02:34 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Jan, these chimes sound so neat ...
Do you happen to know where your Mom bought them?

Nedra

At a local garden shop going out of business. They're called Weatherland
Chimes, mine in particular is "Chapel Bells in N.American Cherry". Maybe
you can find them on-line? ) ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 28-12-2003, 02:35 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I found them on line, and they're reasonably price, you can even play the
sound of them:

http://www.pineridgeonline.com/chimes/weatherland.shtml

~ jan

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 17:49:16 GMT, wrote:
dont worry, your closest neighbor will let you know.

I think I must have very tolerant neighbors (with good windows I assume).

already have a forest of chimes, many of the not tuned cheapies. When a
north wind does come.... well remember that lady with all the wind chimes
and gadgets in Twister? That's me. I turned off my monitor in October
because the racket was keeping me awake... the sporatic wind is the

problem
for me, not the clanging if it is constant..... and then, least we forget,
I have the Pacific Tree Frogs in Spring. )

I just went out there, we have a light breeze (6 mph) and I guess it isn't
as protected as the ones down below, as none of them are chiming, but the
new is... ever so lightly. Sounds just like a church in the distant.
They'll never suspect me. ;o) ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 28-12-2003, 02:42 AM
Nedra

Well -- I've been online but didn't have the luck you had.
Will go right now to the link you posted!
Thanks a million ....

Nedra

Old 28-12-2003, 03:36 AM
Nedra

Thanks, Jan! Your link saved me from plunking down $71
for the same thing at Pine Ridge for much less. Also at Pine
Ridge I was able to Hear what I was buying... a plus in my book.

I really like the sound of the Chapel Bells better than the Church Bells.
I ordered them in the Copper Vein with Black Walnut. Now I gotta
wait for them to get here!

Thanks again....

Nedra

ink.net...

Old 28-12-2003, 04:15 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Very cool! I thought the Chapel Bells sounded better than the Church ones
too. I can tell you the Chapel Bells I have sound exactly like the website.
Mine are the forest green, so I don't know how she happened to get that
variety with that sound, as it is not even listed on the website. I love
them though. I'm sure you will too. ) ~ jan

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 03:15:45 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

Thanks, Jan! Your link saved me from plunking down $71
for the same thing at Pine Ridge for much less. Also at Pine
Ridge I was able to Hear what I was buying... a plus in my book.

I really like the sound of the Chapel Bells better than the Church Bells.
I ordered them in the Copper Vein with Black Walnut. Now I gotta
wait for them to get here!

Thanks again....

Nedra

link.net...

Xmas gifts Dave Hill United Kingdom 20 13-12-2010 10:22 PM
bought all xmas gifts Robert[_8_] Lawns 0 30-10-2008 09:54 PM
July's Free Wildlife Gifts Zemedelec Gardening 0 29-06-2004 05:03 PM
xmas fairy, naure and celtic themed gifts birdzart Gardening 0 25-11-2003 03:02 PM
xmas gifts david United Kingdom 9 17-12-2002 11:22 PM