Old 16-04-2003, 02:20 AM
animal333

Default Crawfish hills

Has anyone ever had the problem of having crawfish "hills" in their
yard? I keep destroying them and they keep coming up. Is there a way
of getting rid of the crawfish permanently?

Thanx
Old 16-04-2003, 01:32 PM
bryan lafleur

Never mind the crows and eagles. Encourage me. I love a crawfish
boil.

Amen, where I'm from the locals watched them more than the birds.

The hills are usually an indication of poor drainage.

Bryan
Old 16-04-2003, 08:32 PM
John McGaw

"animal333" wrote in message
m...
Has anyone ever had the problem of having crawfish "hills" in their
yard? I keep destroying them and they keep coming up. Is there a way
of getting rid of the crawfish permanently?

Thanx

Boiled lightly until the color changes and then served with tarragon
butter...
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

Old 16-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Dewitt

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:20:53 -0400, "John McGaw"
wrote:

Has anyone ever had the problem of having crawfish "hills" in their
yard? I keep destroying them and they keep coming up. Is there a way
of getting rid of the crawfish permanently?

Thanx

Boiled lightly until the color changes and then served with tarragon
butter...

Cooking them is the easy part. The hard part is getting them out of
their holes.

The best way to get rid of them is to improve the drainage in your
yard. They only live in areas that are periodically swampy.

deg
Old 17-04-2003, 05:08 AM
J Kolenovsky

Why are you eliminating something's food source?

animal333 wrote:
=

Has anyone ever had the problem of having crawfish "hills" in their
yard? I keep destroying them and they keep coming up. Is there a way
of getting rid of the crawfish permanently?
=

Thanx

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - commercial
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html
Old 18-04-2003, 05:44 PM
zhanataya

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:29:09 GMT, Dewitt
wrote:

Cooking them is the easy part. The hard part is getting them out of
their holes.

The best way to get rid of them is to improve the drainage in your
yard. They only live in areas that are periodically swampy.

deg

My brother lives in Louisiana, he swears playing an accordion will
bring them out, usually they'll be dragging a fiddle.

zhan
Old 18-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Dewitt

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:39:00 GMT, zhanataya wrote:

Cooking them is the easy part. The hard part is getting them out of
their holes.

The best way to get rid of them is to improve the drainage in your
yard. They only live in areas that are periodically swampy.

deg

My brother lives in Louisiana, he swears playing an accordion will
bring them out, usually they'll be dragging a fiddle.

zhan

He must be thinking of fiddler crabs. . . Bagpipes work better on
crawdads. :-)
deg