Old 16-04-2003, 05:08 PM
David Shalita

Default Flys on Gardena bush

How can I prevent black flies from living on a Gardena Bush? Safer soap
sppray is not helpful.

At one time, this plant had black fungus, but the
Bayer company systemic food has eliminated any reoccurance.

What can I spray to discourage black flies?

Thanks, Dave
Old 16-04-2003, 05:08 PM
zxcvbob

David Shalita wrote:
How can I prevent black flies from living on a Gardena Bush? Safer soap
sppray is not helpful.

At one time, this plant had black fungus, but the
Bayer company systemic food has eliminated any reoccurance.

What can I spray to discourage black flies?

Thanks, Dave

I used to treat black fungus and tiny flies (I don't remember what color
they were) with dormant oil spray, at one-half strength. The bottle should
have directions for use as a "summer oil spray".

Best regards,
Bob

--
Have a Windows® computer that is powered on for hours at a time? Join the
search for a cure for cancer: http://grid.org/projects/cancer/

Old 16-04-2003, 05:08 PM
David Shalita

zxcvbob wrote:

David Shalita wrote:
How can I prevent black flies from living on a Gardena Bush? Safer soap
sppray is not helpful.

At one time, this plant had black fungus, but the
Bayer company systemic food has eliminated any reoccurance.

What can I spray to discourage black flies?

Thanks, Dave

I used to treat black fungus and tiny flies (I don't remember what color
they were) with dormant oil spray, at one-half strength.

Will give this a try.
These flies are large common house flies, not tiny gnats.

Thanks again, Dave

[IMG] code is On

Fruit Flys Bill Orr Edible Gardening 0 15-01-2005 08:41 PM
What's the difference betaeen crane flys and gnats? Some Guy Gardening 2 05-09-2004 05:34 PM
Horse flys David Hill United Kingdom 18 26-06-2003 05:44 PM
Horse flys David Hill United Kingdom 15 25-06-2003 08:20 PM
Helga, help me with my flys? Katt Stevens Gardening 5 06-02-2003 02:44 PM