Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Shelly

Default Rip Van Winkle Daffodils

Anyone else here grow Rip Van Winkles? I first bought some 2 falls ago. When
they bloomed last spring they were just adorable, so i put a ton more in
last fall. Now I see that the flowers from last years bulbs are no longer as
cute as they were the first year... The first year the flowers were about 6
inches tall, bright yellow, and looked kind of like full little dandilion
blossoms. This year they are at least eight inches tall, scraggly looking
and more greenish than yellow.

Does anyone know if these daffies just fade over time, or is there anything
I can do to get them to bloom better next year?

Thanks as always!
Shelly

[IMG] code is On

"Scented Double Roses" (old-fashioned type) in Van Meuwen catalogue VX United Kingdom 7 23-03-2005 12:59 PM
Good sale prices for some bulbs and perenniala (Van Dyke) Zemedelec Gardening 0 14-11-2004 02:23 AM
Glorie van Heemstede Dahlia John Lloyd United Kingdom 3 18-02-2004 11:15 PM
Theo van Daele Judy Ponds 0 19-07-2003 04:22 PM
Theo van Daele Theo van Daele Ponds 0 17-07-2003 09:52 AM