Old 17-01-2007, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Oh My God: Seeds

I was in Target today, and they had their flower seeds on display. Can
it be that time of year again for so many dreams that will be dashed by
the heat of July. I remember moving from California to Rochester, NY
in the middle of winter, and then in May to see everyone heading to
garden stores to buy their seeds. I remember seeds being sold in brown
envelopes with only the name of the seeds on them. Rochester was the
location of my first garden. I was a student at the Rochester Institute
of Technology, and they plowed empty fields so students could plant
gardens. It was a dry summer, and I carried buckets of water to water
my garden. My best garden ever.

Tom

Old 17-01-2007, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was in Target today, and they had their flower seeds on display. Can
it be that time of year again for so many dreams that will be dashed by
the heat of July. I remember moving from California to Rochester, NY
in the middle of winter, and then in May to see everyone heading to
garden stores to buy their seeds. I remember seeds being sold in brown
envelopes with only the name of the seeds on them. Rochester was the
location of my first garden. I was a student at the Rochester Institute
of Technology, and they plowed empty fields so students could plant
gardens. It was a dry summer, and I carried buckets of water to water
my garden. My best garden ever.

Tom

I bought all seeds already from Walmart store. Spring starts here soon. G

Old 17-01-2007, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Hey - when were you at RIT? The DH went there!

I was there from 1977 to 1979. I found the best corn-on-the-cob there
at farm markets.

Tom

Old 18-01-2007, 11:35 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/17/07 6:42 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

Hey - when were you at RIT? The DH went there!

I was there from 1977 to 1979. I found the best corn-on-the-cob there
at farm markets.

Tom

He was there then, but looking for the cheapest beers!