Old 20-02-2007, 08:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What kind of palm tree is this?

Hi all - I have to get rid a palm tree that is growing into the side
of my building. Does anyone know what kind of tree this is? Is it
common or unusual? I have a feeling it's the former!

http://www.boutiqueoohlala.com/images/palm_tree.jpg

thanks.

Old 20-02-2007, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 20 Feb 2007 12:13:06 -0800, wrote:

Hi all - I have to get rid a palm tree that is growing into the side
of my building. Does anyone know what kind of tree this is? Is it
common or unusual? I have a feeling it's the former!

http://www.boutiqueoohlala.com/images/palm_tree.jpg

thanks.

It's either a California or Mexican fan palm.
Old 21-02-2007, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all - I have to get rid a palm tree that is growing into the side
of my building. Does anyone know what kind of tree this is? Is it
common or unusual? I have a feeling it's the former!

http://www.boutiqueoohlala.com/images/palm_tree.jpg

thanks.

My husband is quite sure it is a Mexican Fan.

Norma

Old 21-02-2007, 01:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:07:08 -0600, "Norma"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi all - I have to get rid a palm tree that is growing into the side
of my building. Does anyone know what kind of tree this is? Is it
common or unusual? I have a feeling it's the former!

http://www.boutiqueoohlala.com/images/palm_tree.jpg

thanks.

My husband is quite sure it is a Mexican Fan.

Norma

Yes, the threads at the tips of the foliage is what made me think
Mexican fan, also. I think that's the only difference.
Old 21-02-2007, 06:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

g'day craig,

i'll be the odd one out looks like australian fan palm to me aka
cabbage tree palm, they are very common and rightley so, unfortunatley
in a landscape situation once they get that tall they don't always
look reel pretty hey?

On 20 Feb 2007 12:13:06 -0800, wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,