Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-03-2007, 01:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tillers - and breaking bermuda grass for a garden

I'm having the worst trouble finding a salesman who has the slightest
idea about tillers.

I've had a few front tine tillers before and have never used a rear
tine... do they have any advantage other than being easier to
handle?

I need to tear up a 500 square foot area of bermuda grass and put in a
garden, so I need one that is fairly rugged. with all the front tine
tillers I've had before (all about 5 horsepower) breaking new ground
was a chore, but definitely possible. Raking all the grass out
afterward proved to be the most challenging part.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to find a decent, inexpensive
tiller or which tiller is right for me let me know. Also, any tips
on how to turn a patch of bermuda grass into a vegetable garden as
easily as possible would be appreciated!

Thanks!

[IMG] code is On

Who makes the best garden tillers ? John Q. Public Gardening 7 24-03-2007 07:16 PM
Lawn Mowers,Tillers tuned up and repaired @ you home [email protected] North Carolina 0 10-04-2006 12:53 PM
Rear Tine Garden Tillers JB Lawns 1 12-10-2004 01:06 PM
Anyone ever get Bermuda grass out of a garden? kenny Edible Gardening 5 26-04-2004 06:03 PM