Old 20-03-2007, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default bineweed

Jangchub wrote:

With all due respect, I was not talking to you.

If you are not talking to members of the rec.gardens community, then
don't post to it. It is not your email.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://rhodyman.net
Old 21-03-2007, 01:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:13:24 -0400, Stephen Henning
wrote:

If you are not talking to members of the rec.gardens community, then
don't post to it. It is not your email.

When quoting someone it is nice to include the whole post.

With all due respect, I was not talking to you. Kelthane has been
banned from the market. It's one of the most toxic chemicals on earth
and pesticides are all pesticides, even if they are herbicides, still
covered under the pesticide umbrella. Kelthane could never make any
plant healthier. It's soil and cultural practices which gives plants
health.

I was still not talking to you, with all due respect.
Old 21-03-2007, 11:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

If you are not talking to members of the rec.gardens community, then
don't post to it. It is not your email.

When quoting someone it is nice to include the whole post.

With all due respect, I was not talking to you. Kelthane has been
banned from the market. It's one of the most toxic chemicals on earth
and pesticides are all pesticides, even if they are herbicides, still
covered under the pesticide umbrella. Kelthane could never make any
plant healthier. It's soil and cultural practices which gives plants
health.

I was still not talking to you, with all due respect.

If herbicides are pesticides (by strict definition), then athlete's foot
medications also fall under the heading of seafood.

Old 21-03-2007, 12:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:44:24 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

If you are not talking to members of the rec.gardens community, then
don't post to it. It is not your email.

When quoting someone it is nice to include the whole post.

With all due respect, I was not talking to you. Kelthane has been
banned from the market. It's one of the most toxic chemicals on earth
and pesticides are all pesticides, even if they are herbicides, still
covered under the pesticide umbrella. Kelthane could never make any
plant healthier. It's soil and cultural practices which gives plants
health.

I was still not talking to you, with all due respect.

If herbicides are pesticides (by strict definition), then athlete's foot
medications also fall under the heading of seafood.

Maybe too early, but what did that mean?
Old 21-03-2007, 12:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:44:24 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

If you are not talking to members of the rec.gardens community, then
don't post to it. It is not your email.

When quoting someone it is nice to include the whole post.

With all due respect, I was not talking to you. Kelthane has been
banned from the market. It's one of the most toxic chemicals on earth
and pesticides are all pesticides, even if they are herbicides, still
covered under the pesticide umbrella. Kelthane could never make any
plant healthier. It's soil and cultural practices which gives plants
health.

I was still not talking to you, with all due respect.

If herbicides are pesticides (by strict definition), then athlete's foot
medications also fall under the heading of seafood.

Maybe too early, but what did that mean?

Cows and elephants share certain characteristics, but a cow is not an
elephant. Herbicides and pesticides also share certain characteristics, but
they are NOT synonymous, as you are suggesting.

A significant portion of American population is functionally illiterate.
Spreading misinformation is irresponsible, and perhaps even treasonous.

Old 21-03-2007, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:45:36 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

I was a professional grower for one of the largest operations in the
east coast with over a million sq. ft. under glass. Pesticides
include insecticides, herbicides and miticides. This is accurate
information so I think best you do some research before telling me I
am spreading misinformation. Now go do your treasonous posting.
Old 21-03-2007, 07:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jangchub wrote:

I was a professional grower for one of the largest operations in the
east coast with over a million sq. ft. under glass. Pesticides
include insecticides, herbicides and miticides. This is accurate
information so I think best you do some research before telling me I
am spreading misinformation. Now go do your treasonous posting.

Now we know why you said "was".

A pesticide is "a substance used for destroying insects or other
organisms harmful to cultivated plants or to animals. But, by
definition it doesn't harm the plant or animal."

A herbicide is "a substance that is toxic to plants and is used to
destroy unwanted vegetation."

So not only are they not the same, they can't be the same by definition.

By the way, what does "I am not talking to you" mean. You by definition
"is used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is
addressing." So to say "I am not talking to you" is absolutely
meaningless.

Old 22-03-2007, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:21:25 -0400, Stephen Henning
wrote:
=
Now we know why you said "was".

Who is this "we?" Voices?

A pesticide is "a substance used for destroying insects or other
organisms harmful to cultivated plants or to animals. But, by
definition it doesn't harm the plant or animal."

Any pathogen, insect, mite, true bug, or weed is a pest. Do some
research if you know how. Pesticide is a term to describe an array of
different chemicals to treat pest problems. That includes herbicides.
Geesh, do some research.

A herbicide is "a substance that is toxic to plants and is used to
destroy unwanted vegetation."

Plants which are pests are what herbicides are designed to kill. I
wouldn't spray my vast collection of brugmansia or datura.

So not only are they not the same, they can't be the same by definition.

I didn't say they are the same. I said herbiceds, insecticides, and
miticides are sub-categories of pesticides.

By the way, what does "I am not talking to you" mean. You by definition
"is used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is
addressing." So to say "I am not talking to you" is absolutely
meaningless.

Oh, I'm talking to you this time. Go round and round with that now.
Old 22-03-2007, 11:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:21:25 -0400, Stephen Henning
wrote:
=
Now we know why you said "was".

Who is this "we?" Voices?

[...]

Crackers are bread. Cars are trucks. A digital watch is a computer, so you
should be able to type a resumé using a digital watch.

Old 22-03-2007, 12:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:23:03 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Crackers are bread. Cars are trucks. A digital watch is a computer, so you
should be able to type a resumé using a digital watch.

Crackers fall into the grain category.
Cars and trucks are both automobiles.
Digital watches and computers are electronics.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:52 AM posted to rec.gardens

How 'bout this example for what Jangchub is saying, "Cars are vehicles,
but not all vehicles are cars." Oh, never mind. I suspect you're
playing dense just to be obstinate.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Crackers are bread. Cars are trucks. A digital watch is a computer, so you
should be able to type a resumé using a digital watch.

Crackers fall into the grain category.
Cars and trucks are both automobiles.
Digital watches and computers are electronics.- Hide quoted text -

Another way of saying it: Pesticides and herbicides are all
dangerous chemicals more appropriately applied to agriculture where
productivity is essential than to horticulture. To me it makes no
sense to escalate a minor problem of aesthetic appearance in your
garden because of misplaced plants or a few bug bites to an issue of
health due to dangerous chemicals.

But that's just me. Obviously, most others think otherwise.

If you're interested in this type of analysis, you can see more at
weedtwister.com.

------
Peace