Old 19-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Jeff

Default Pump Question, Craftsman Shallow Jet vs Sprinkler

I currently have a .5hp crafstman shallow well pump that gives me
about 8gal/min at around 40psi. This is a new house, so last year was
my first year using it. Currently I'm watering with hoses, and it just
took forever to do my lawn.

I noticed that craftman has what they call 'sprinkler pumps'. At least
on the info they seem to deliver a lot more gal/min than the shallow
pumps for a cheaper price.

I have a .5 acre lot, and live in Mass with a few trees in teh front
and some larger in back. This year or next I'll be going inground
system, so I'd like a pump that is capable of this. The well is just
for watering, not potable water.

Can anyone let me know what the difference between the sprinkler and
shallow well pumps are? At the very least I want to step up to a 1hp
pump, the .5 was just not hacking it. Also, can I use the pressure
shutoff from the current shallow on the a sprinkler pump?

Thanks,

[IMG] code is On

BBC's Clarkson on his masonic tainted jet ski [email protected] United Kingdom 4 20-08-2014 01:29 PM
Jet Star Tomatoes EVP MAN Gardening 4 17-03-2010 08:32 PM
New Chinese Airlines jet features Phalaenopsis Reka Orchids 0 25-05-2005 06:11 AM
Water jet features SkyCatcher Ponds 2 11-10-2004 01:41 AM
Super Foam Jet Fountain Height Records from Heaven needed. Little Sccoby Ponds 0 02-08-2003 01:42 PM