Old 08-10-2004, 04:45 PM
SkyCatcher

Default Water jet features

Hi,

I would like to create a water jet feature in my pond. The sort of thing
that sqirts water in an arc over 10ftfor about 2 seconds and then one from
the other side does the same. Then these repeat.

Can anyone suggest how (or where to buy) I would go about this?

I'm UK based btw.

Cheers,

Sky

Old 08-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Crashj

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:45:26 +0100, "SkyCatcher"
wrote:
I would like to create a water jet feature in my pond. The sort of thing
that sqirts water in an arc over 10ftfor about 2 seconds and then one from
the other side does the same.

You can approach this with a dedicated computer and an I/O card hooked
to a couple of solenoids. Trivial, really. A program in BASIC and away
you go.
But I would think you want a simpler way. Without thinking too deeply
about it, two solenoids coupled to multicontact delay off relays would
do it. One solenoid turns on and opens a valve. It times out after [2]
seconds, turning off the flow and triggering the other delay relay
which turns on the other solenoid which turns on the other jet. And so
forth.
It can also be done with fluidic logic valves which would be self
activating. You build a simple flip-flop circuit as described with a
certain amount of delay due to lines and resevoirs.
Hillarity ensues.
--
Crashj
Old 11-10-2004, 01:41 AM
Crashj

wrote:
I would like to create a water jet feature in my pond. The sort of thing
that sqirts water in an arc over 10ftfor about 2 seconds and then one from
the other side does the same.

You can approach this with a dedicated computer and an I/O card hooked
to a couple of solenoids. Trivial, really. A program in BASIC and away
you go.

In an unrelated development, I discovered this website:
http://www.atlanticfountains.com/

Fountains to your hearts desire.
--
Crashj

BBC's Clarkson on his masonic tainted jet ski [email protected] United Kingdom 4 20-08-2014 01:29 PM
Jet Star Tomatoes EVP MAN Gardening 4 17-03-2010 08:32 PM
New Chinese Airlines jet features Phalaenopsis Reka Orchids 0 25-05-2005 06:11 AM
Super Foam Jet Fountain Height Records from Heaven needed. Little Sccoby Ponds 0 02-08-2003 01:42 PM
Pump Question, Craftsman Shallow Jet vs Sprinkler Jeff Gardening 0 19-04-2003 10:56 PM