Old 06-05-2007, 06:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Isn't Patio a determinate

Last year I had three tomato plants each in their own pot. Two were
indeterminate (Big Boy and Better Boy) and one was determinate
(Patio). Yet, the Patio was producing tomatoes more like an
indeterminate. I saw no difference between the three. Is this normal?
I need to know so I can decide what to plant this year.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

Mike S. wrote:
Last year I had three tomato plants each in their own pot. Two were
indeterminate (Big Boy and Better Boy) and one was determinate
(Patio). Yet, the Patio was producing tomatoes more like an
indeterminate. I saw no difference between the three. Is this normal?
I need to know so I can decide what to plant this year.

Patio F Hybrid is truly a determinate (grows to about two feet). I grow
them from seed every year and they never get much taller than that. What
you may have run into is that is you bought plants from some place that
A) hasn't labeled them correctly or B) you were a victim of "switched
labels".
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years