Old 15-05-2007, 08:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Need a cascading flowering hanging basket in the shade

On May 12, 8:22 pm, 21Rouge wrote:
We live just north of Toronto Ontario.

Our home faces north and our plan is to place a hanging basket on
either side of the garage (north side of the house; some morning sun)
just under the eve of the roof (about 8 feet off the ground). We want
as much colour as possible and we want it to cascade as the summer
goes on. Each year we have trouble finding such a combination ie
colour, shade, cascading. Can you suggest?

Oh, another thought I just had, not sure where you live, but it
might not be too late to plant now, is put strings up and down along
the side of the garage and plant morning glories, which would climb UP
instead of something hanging.

Not sure if "some morning sun" would be enough. But it would be color
(at least in the morning)