Old 26-05-2007, 05:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Create Beautiful Hypertufa Garden Art Objects

I saw the doctor yesterday and he told me the pain was coming from the
connective tissue; ligaments, tendons and muscles. My leg actually
forgot how to walk, so to speak. I've been limping for so many years
it's second nature now. I have to see physical therapy. I think that
will be good.

On Sat, 26 May 2007 14:17:17 GMT, wrote:

A friends husband just went in for both knees on Thursday. He had ice packs on both,
and refused to take pain meds cause he felt the pain was manageable.
they removed the pain med from his IV drip
they took the ice packs off his knees
he is in agony

my mother was 82 and she had the worst knee done (a big time gardener). they put a
"cryocuff" on her, a thing that wraps around the knee and pumps ice water from a
little ice chest thru the tubing in the leg cuff. my mother, who was otherwise very
sensitive to pain said she had NO PAIN. well, she took the pain meds cause her back
was hurting. she used that cryocuff when she came home and said she didnt have pain.

I found this site online....
http://www.buyaircast.com/cryo-cuff-knee.htm

I saved this and used in for my DH after he had some knee work done. frankly, I
think these things are great to have around for after coming in from the garden.
strap em on, watch the news and cool the knees down for 1/2 hour probably would
prevent a lot of knee surgery down the line. INgrid

Ann wrote:

jangchub expounded:
I don't know. The pain is in and around the knee. I need a cane to
walk around and get up from the couch. So, the pain is either from
the procedure itself, or my knee is worse than it was before. About
how long does it take to heal from this procedure? I see the doctor
next week.

I don't know, V. My MIL had her knee replaced and it was awful -
sorry. It was swollen for months, and it's just now stopped being
tender. Now she's got to have another hip replacement. She's not
heavy, she's a walker, she's always tried to take care of herself. Of
course you're lots younger than she, and you had artho, so ......
Knees are such a crucial joint, they take a lot of abuse. Hopefully
yours will heal soon.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com