Old 24-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Registered User

Default Chainsaws

I need a chainsaw for cutting medium sized trees (confiers, about 25' tall) what offers the most stable cutting/torque? Petrol or Eletric? The models that I'm looking at are the Husqvarna 321EL and 137. Roughly the same price. I've used petrol engines before, so mix/running and starting in isn't a problem.
Old 24-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered User

Location: North Somerset, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath View Post
I need a chainsaw for cutting medium sized trees (confiers, about 25' tall) what offers the most stable cutting/torque? Petrol or Eletric? The models that I'm looking at are the Husqvarna 321EL and 137. Roughly the same price. I've used petrol engines before, so mix/running and starting in isn't a problem.
I've been using a 16 in blade petrol Husqvarna for the last year or so and I have no complaints!! Before that, I had an electric B&D however the petrol item is so much better... No wires to worry about, it's light and easy to use but above all it cuts so much quicker. Goes through trees similar size to the ones you have like butter. Its needs a service once a year to keep it in tip top condition although I do sharpen the chain myself - it's not difficult but it keeps it cutting well. Recommended!

[IMG] code is On

Wanted Broken Chainsaws, Weed Trimmers and Blowers Chip North Carolina 0 13-09-2005 08:49 PM
chainsaws H Ryder United Kingdom 33 01-09-2005 11:39 AM
chainsaws jam Gardening 0 25-03-2004 03:42 PM
chainsaws jam Gardening 0 25-03-2004 03:42 PM
Poulan Pro Chainsaws any good? Oscar_lives Lawns 23 20-11-2003 01:12 AM