GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The Baffling Disappearance of The Bees. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/159452-baffling-disappearance-bees.html)

FragileWarrior 08-06-2007 06:31 PM

The Baffling Disappearance of The Bees.

(Eric Swanson) wrote in news:f4c38c$mjc$1
@news04.infoave.net:

I found no honey bees and no
bumble bees anywhere, just some small (~3/8 inch) bees.

We call those "sweat bees" here. A sting from one of those little shits
put me on a weeks worth of steroids a few months ago.

Rachael Simpson 11-06-2007 01:47 PM

The Baffling Disappearance of The Bees.

snip

Well, it seems that the missing bees around here have been found. There was
a clip on the local news this weekend that some people in a neighboring
county found out they had a bee problem in their daughter's playhouse. They
actually called a bee-keeper instead of the local pest control. (good 4
them!) When the bee-keeper arrived with all his gear, he wound up
"catching" 60,000 bees! They reported that he still didn't get all the
bees, but did get the main portion of them. There were several honey combs
too. Reportedly had 13 gallons of honey. While I don't really wish for
that many bees around my house - I would go for 20 thou or so.
link to the story for those interested

http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=6638308

Rae