Old 01-06-2007, 05:48 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics
SDR SDR is offline

Default The Baffling Disappearance of The Bees.

Couldn't sleep at all last night: Heat made me turn on
the ceiling fan and the noise from that kept me imagining
there were little creatures from outer space creeping
around the house. Then because I had been reading
about the disappearance of the bee before going to bed
.... all night long I kept mulling over this nightmare scenario
where our bees were being abducted by little creatures
from outer space (after they had, naturally, gone through
all their own planet's fierce beasts) to be used in their
bizarre rite of passage from "boy"to "warrior" (in which
each "boy" had to engage in a fight to the death with a
"fierce creature" from another planet (our bee). I "watched"
a couple of the fight, and they were pretty horrifying.

Otherwise, since this is a world-wide phenomenon, there
must be a world-wide cause. And the only thing I can
think of off the top on my head happening world-wide
right now is the shifting of the earth' magnetic field(s).

Whatever the cause turns out to be, the mystery is truly
upsetting on many human levels. Reminds one of just how
fragile our existence on this planet really is.

S D Rodrian
http://poems.sdrodrian.com
http://physics.sdrodrian.com
http://mp3s.sdrodrian.com

All religions are local.
Only science is universal.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:18 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

On Jun 1, 9:48 am, SDR wrote:
[...]

Besides your figurative somnambulatory musings..

IMO It is most likely that the bees are disappearing because field
crops have been modified to systemically manufacture biological
pesticides such as those produced by Baccillus thurengensis...

The bees come into contact with the genetically modified poisonous
pollen and are damaged or killed.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:22 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

On Jun 1, 12:48 pm, SDR wrote:
[...]

It's troubling, but it isn't world-wide - it isn't even
nationwide. Some areas of the country (such as
the US Northeast) don't seem to be seeing it at all.

The Colony Collapse Disorder Working Group from
Texas A&M University has an interesting FAQ
on the subject.
http://honeybee.tamu.edu/media/pdf/06FAQCCD.pdf

--
Walt Smith
Firelock on DALNet

Old 01-06-2007, 06:32 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 1, 9:48 am, SDR wrote:
[...]

When do we storm the gates at Monsanto?

Old 01-06-2007, 06:39 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

I went there and gleaned this

"What causes CCD?
The exact cause or causes of CCD have not yet been determined"

The Colony Collapse Disorder Working Group from
Texas A&M University has an interesting FAQ
on the subject.http://honeybee.tamu.edu/media/pdf/06FAQCCD.pdf

--
Walt Smith
Firelock on DALNet- Hide quoted text -

Old 01-06-2007, 08:11 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 09:48:19 -0700, SDR
wrote:

[...]

It's the bee rapture I tell you.

--
There may come a time when the CO2 police will wander the earth telling
the poor and the dispossed how many dung chips they can put on their

Wherever I go it will be well with me, for it was well with me here, not
on account of the place, but of my judgments which I shall carry away
with me, for no one can deprive me of these; on the contrary, they alone
are my property, and cannot be taken away, and to possess them suffices
me wherever I am or whatever I do. -- EPICTETUS

Celibacy in healthy human beings is a form of
insanity. -- Captain Compassion

"Civilization is the interval between Ice Ages." -- Will Durant.

Joseph R. Darancette

Old 01-06-2007, 09:51 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

wrote:

[...]

Things are such as they are.
Never the less things remain such as they are.
Still things are as they are.

Foolish Chinese obscure shit that obviously ruined my mind.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 01-06-2007, 10:00 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

wrote in news:1180718550.356980.220560
@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

It's troubling, but it isn't world-wide - it isn't even
nationwide. Some areas of the country (such as
the US Northeast) don't seem to be seeing it at all.

The Colony Collapse Disorder Working Group from
Texas A&M University has an interesting FAQ
on the subject.
http://honeybee.tamu.edu/media/pdf/06FAQCCD.pdf

--
Walt Smith
Firelock on DALNet

Have seen more honey bees this year than I have seen in the last 5 years
combined..

Putt...

--
E-mail is munged, remove one of the hot's...
Old 01-06-2007, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

The message .com
from SDR contains these words:

Otherwise, since this is a world-wide phenomenon, there
must be a world-wide cause. And the only thing I can
think of off the top on my head happening world-wide
right now is the shifting of the earth' magnetic field(s).

Well, if all the worlds bees are found congregating in one place and
unable to leave, you'll know you were right.

Janet

And you'll know you've found the place to beez.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:28 AM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

"Captain Compassion" wrote in message

It's the bee rapture I tell you.

I'm going with this idea. I like it.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message .com
from SDR contains these words:

Otherwise, since this is a world-wide phenomenon, there
must be a world-wide cause. And the only thing I can
think of off the top on my head happening world-wide
right now is the shifting of the earth' magnetic field(s).

Well, if all the worlds bees are found congregating in one place and
unable to leave, you'll know you were right.

Janet

Inconclusive. It could also be a convention. If they were all wearing name
badges and drinking heavily, we would have proof.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:09 AM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 23:28:30 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .

http://www.thestate.com/101/story/54298.html

Old 03-06-2007, 06:15 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

On Jun 1, 11:48 am, SDR wrote:
[...]

I haven't seen a honey bee this year! But the numerous species of
bumble bee seem to be reproducing at a much higher than normal level
since there is no competition for food. IMHO, they are taking up much
of the slack for the missing honey bees. Maybe not enough for
commercial growers, but certainly enough for the rural/urban gardens.

-Red

Old 03-06-2007, 07:38 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

On Jun 1, 1:18 pm, wrote:
On Jun 1, 9:48 am, SDR wrote:

[...]

In Maryland the most visible cause is verroa mites. That might be the
last straw in a chain of things though.

apies mellifera is one of several species of honeybee from Eurasia.
Africanized bees might wind up being a savior of sorts. Or
Bohemianized or something.

Imagine a President that can say stuff like that all by himself.
Scary, eh?

Rick Hohensee

At noon on the day after this Amendment is ratified the occupants of
the offices of President and Vice President shall be removed, and
replaced for the remainder of the 2005-2009 term by Richard Allen
Hohensee, President, and Senator Russell Feingold, Vice President.
This replacement and term shall be supported by a special chain of
succession composed of random drawings from all those Senators and
Representatives who voted against the joint resolution allowing the
invasion of Iraq.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:55 PM posted to sci.agriculture.beekeeping,misc.news.internet.discuss,sci.environment,rec.gardens,alt.politics

On Jun 3, 10:15 am, Red wrote:
On Jun 1, 11:48 am, SDR wrote:

[...]

-Red- Hide quoted text -

I've seen six (6) bees all year..when I used to see six in one minute.

Agree on the wild and bumble bees..a lot more of them around.

As far as 'enraptured bees' are concerned for the two previously
posting yahoos.. you too will 'bee enraptured' when commercial field
crops start to fail. jackasses.