Old 02-06-2007, 02:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Grass

Can grass be used as a mulch between vegetables?

Old 02-06-2007, 04:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

I have used it with good results, however you need to be sure it hasn't gone
to seed when you put it down. You must also make sure it doesn't contain
any dandelion flowers that can re-seed themselves.

The best thing about using it, is you return the nutrients back into the
soil. I borrowed a garden patch one year that had been used to dump all the
cut grass on. I plowed it in and raised the biggest acorn squash I have
ever seen.

Dwayne

"Andy Petro" wrote in message
.. .
Can grass be used as a mulch between vegetables?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Andy Petro" wrote in message
.. .
Can grass be used as a mulch between vegetables?

If the "grass" has its own seed in the mulch, and its not St. Augustine, you
may have problems. May be aiding to weeding requirements for the vegetable
garden. Winter rye would be an interesting intruder, in the late fall or
winter depending where you live.
Dave

Old 02-06-2007, 04:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 1, 6:34 pm, "Andy Petro" wrote:
Can grass be used as a mulch between vegetables?

NO IT MAY CONTAIN WEEDS SEEDS. DOUG