Old 06-06-2007, 05:24 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Spots on leaves and droopiness

My tomato and pepper plants have spots on the leaves and I'd like to
know what to do.

I planted these on May 24 in containers and set them on my deck. I
sprayed them on May 28 with a spray that contains potassium salts of
fatty acids and sulfur because there were small bugs on them. A few
days later, I noticed a few spots on the pepper plant at the tips of
the bottom leaves. Then today I noticed spots on the tomato plants
mostly near the bottom.

Here's a picture of the tomato plants - http://www.geocities.com/littleboybl...sky-6-4-07.jpg

www.geocities.com/littleboyblu87/tomatoplant.jpg

Also, my pepper plant has gotten extremely droopy leaves since
planting it. When I purchased it, there was already a bloom (I guess
that's what they're called) on it. By the time I got it planted, there
was already a small pepper growing on it.

Could any of these problems be caused by self-watering bottles that I
have set up in the containers? Perhaps there's a problem with things
getting in the water that could cause disease or fungus? Or maybe the
plants aren't getting enough water?

What can I do to save the plants? I only have two tomato plants and
one pepper plant.