Old 20-07-2007, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Half Price Time

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:50:02 -0700, raeannsimpson
wrote:

On Jul 20, 3:38 pm, Leon Fisk wrote:
I have a cart similar to that, probably from the same
factory in China...

If you haven't already found out they are HEAVY and for some
people here may be a bit much to pull around even empty.
That being said I really like mine but I walk ~10 miles a
day just for exercise

Make sure you check the pressure in the tires and keep an
eye on it. They tend to slowly leak and then it is even
harder to pull around.

Mine came from Menards for ~$50 on sale several years ago. I
think you got a good deal too, especially from TSC. I rarely
find any "deals" there since they bought out Farm & Fleet
several years ago. Though there stock on hand is much better
now and I do buy things there that I can't find somewhere
else (shrug).

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Yeah they can be kinda heavy. My sis has one that has the tire problem
you described. Every now and then TSC has some pretty good deals. It
helps when you have friends there to let you know what is on sale and
when! Used to buy the All-Stock feed from there, but that has become
way over-priced. When the local store opened, All-Stock costed $4.78,
currently the price is over 7 for it. Started getting elsewhere now.
Oh well.............

If you have (and your sister for that matter) access to a
valve stem tool, check the valve core in the stem and make
sure it is snug. Some of the better steel stem caps have the
little tool built into the end of them too.

That may slow the leaking down some. I haven't checked mine
out too seriously but I think my bicycle tires hold air
longer in between pump-ups

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Old 20-07-2007, 09:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

wrote:
[...]

thanks, will pass the info on to sis, and also keep it in mind for
myself later.........

Old 21-07-2007, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Half Price Time / charlie

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:17:18 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 7/21/07 9:07 AM, in article ,
"Charlie" Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:18:08 -0400, rachael simpson
wrote:

how's the new baby by the way? got it out in the garden yet?

The newest Little Guy is doing great. Dad and Mom are doing very well
with their Biggest Responsibility. Much better than I expected, for
First-Timers.

But of course I have had him in the garden. :-) He stayed for a few
hours the other day, his first time here ALONE. I gave him my first
bottle, in the garden, with music playing. Just the two of us. One of
those bonding things. (Relax, those of you who are interested in such
things, it was a bottle of mom's milk, not formula).

Elder Grandson has only minimal issues with Young Cousin. We were
concerned about this, as he has had four years of being centerstage.
He took everyone to task and ran the required tests, which everyone has
passed.

He is now the self-appointed teacher of all things Book and Toy.

We are pleased. It is good.

Have a great day, Rae.

Opa Charlie

That is just so sweet!

Cheryl

Funny how things go, Cheryl.

I awakened at dawn and felt really great today (rather unusual, both
the awakeing that early and the feeling great).

Made coffee and went to the garden and put on a New Song, which set the
whole tone for the day. Went and checked my spam filter and discovered
a caught msg that followed the tone set by the music. Replied to that
and felt even better. Then found Rae's msg. and that was a pleasure to
answer.

Man, some days are just destined to be wonderful!

Let me share the lyrics for the song, it blew me away. You may have
gathered that music is one of my Important Things. :-)

Tolerance.
Michael Franti

A child is born, and a mamma's torn
About the life that it's bound to live
A sun and moon and a modest home
Is all they ask the Lord to give
But politics and big events they never seem to notice the little guy
So make a plan or simply hold a hand but don't ever be a passer by

Tolerance or violence and the whole world goes to war
Is one enough or is one too many
Before we say, "No More"
Could you ever love a pot of gold?
Could you ever love another lonely soul?
Could you ever find a love that was oceans wide?
Could you ever find love in another stranger's eyes?

Oh, give a little,
Tolerance, tolerance
We need you more and more
So lend a hand or simply hold a friend
That’s in need of a life support
Draw a picture, share a whisper
Anyway that you can rise above
And when the end is near who is gonna volunteer
To be the last one to die for love

May your day be filled with good things
Charlie

Wow, and not an advertisement anywhere.