Old 19-07-2007, 11:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Half Price Time

On 7/19/07 5:27 PM, in article , "rachael
simpson" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
*snip*

Can I borrow it to drag my son to his doctor appointments. He broke his leg,
has had surgery on it and at 15 and 6 feet tall, I can't pick him up any
more!

Cheryl

sounds like you could use it! hope the doctor's office is close by
then, that still might be some work by the time you get there if it's
far......

It's a long hike to Nashua .... And even with wheels, 230 pound is a lot to
pull
hope the legs heals quickly,

It's going to be about 12 weeks, but he might be ready for HS hockey

rae
who has to make a 45 min trip to get quality health care........

A blessing of the southern NH boom is lots of good doctors and hospitals.

Old 20-07-2007, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On Jul 19, 2:04?pm, rachael simpson
wrote:
Sheldon wrote:

I don't think discounted wagons are in the same catagory as discounted
late season annuals... the plants will bring zero revenue if unsold...
the wagon can be offered for sale next year, but $19.95 is probalby
all it's worth anyway and still some profit, the $59 was way inflated,
as are all seasonal goods at the onset of the season. There are lots
of deep discounts on summer goods in every catagory now; grills and
lawn mowers gotta go to make room for snow blowers. It won't be much
longer and all live nursery plants will be deeply discounted.
Perennials, shrubs, and trees can be heeled in over winter but not
annuals.

this is the type of garden wagon I was talking about:

http://tractorsupply.com/detail.asp?...nID=580&page=1...

I own the same exact wagon, bought it at Lowes three years ago for
$65... if you can buy it new for $20 I suggest you buy as many
truckloads as you can, it's a great wagon but I seriously doubt you
can buy that particular wagon for $20... show me a link to a site
where it costs $20, then I will believe you.

Here's mine in my garage about ten minutes after I put it together:
http://i14.tinypic.com/5zgbu4y.jpg

I showed you mine, you show me yours.

Old 20-07-2007, 01:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On Jul 19, 2:26?pm, Billy Rose wrote:
In article . com,

Sheldon wrote:
likely there's not enough growing season remaining to
produce peppers anyway.

Habanero is 8" to 10" tall. It is mid July and we often have heat in
October. No rain usually until Nov. For a buck twenty-five, I'll risk it.

Go for it, it's a very cheap gamble... at worst you have a pot of
greenery for a few months. But that was not the point. My point is
that a wagon can be sold next year, a pepper plant cannot.

Old 20-07-2007, 02:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

wrote:
Sheldon wrote:

[...]

like i said it was marked down at the local tractor supply. because
they had the sign stating that they were $19.95, they had to sale it at
that price. don't know if they have corrected it or not. an employee
there got fired for pricing stuff like that after the manager on duty
told her to mark them down to certain prices. the manager should have
taken the fall for it. that manager is no longer at our location either.

i don't need a truck load of them. didn't really need the one to start
with. when you see a price like that, you tend to just go for it.

oh, yeah, if you think that $59.00 was way over priced (way inflated was
your words exactly), then why did you pay $65.00 for yours?

Here's mine in my garage about ten minutes after I put it together:
http://i14.tinypic.com/5zgbu4y.jpg

our's was no assembly required...........

I showed you mine, you show me yours.

well, well, now..........I'm a little more modest than that! lol

will have to wait until i can get hold of another digital camera.
(disposable) - not everyone can afford the real deal.

and our's is black, not yellow...............

Old 20-07-2007, 02:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Charlie wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:52:10 -0700, Sheldon wrote:

I showed you mine, you show me yours.

Typical Sheldon, Rae. Took him a bit longer than I expected.

I'd leave him alone, were I you.

Charlie

oh, don't worry, I'm through in that department. I'm not much for
confrontations like that anyway. I'll leave that to you and
billy......especially since billy seems to like arguing with him so
much! lol

Old 20-07-2007, 02:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

wrote:
Sheldon wrote:

[...]

Because that's what they cost, I've yet to see that particular wagon
for less.

Here's mine in my garage about ten minutes after I put it together:
http://i14.tinypic.com/5zgbu4y.jpg

our's was no assembly required...........

Yeah, right.

I showed you mine, you show me yours.

well, well, now..........I'm a little more modest than that! lol

will have to wait until i can get hold of another digital camera.
(disposable) - not everyone can afford the real deal.

How unfortunate for you.

I don't care about your picture, I want to see a link where it's
priced for $20.

You're obviously dishonest... so far every post you've made here is
premised on gross exagerations and downright lies. And you are no RN
or life guard, no RN or life guard would have a need to ask about
kid's wading pools and pool water cleanliness on Usenet.

Old 20-07-2007, 03:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
[...]

yeah, right, is right, apparently you have never been in a tractor
supply store. all the wagons they sell are already
assembled.......well, that's how it is in all the tractor supply stores
i've been in, here in NC

I showed you mine, you show me yours.

well, well, now..........I'm a little more modest than that! lol

will have to wait until i can get hold of another digital camera.
(disposable) - not everyone can afford the real deal.

How unfortunate for you.

I don't care about your picture, I want to see a link where it's
priced for $20.

how can i give you a link when it was a sign in the store that showed
the price?!?! all stores have sales prices that vary from the online store.

You're obviously dishonest... so far every post you've made here is
premised on gross exagerations and downright lies. And you are no RN
or life guard, no RN or life guard would have a need to ask about
kid's wading pools and pool water cleanliness on Usenet.

dishonesty is against my belief. and I wasn't asking about water
cleanliness, i was asking if there was a way to preserve and conserve
the water...........and you think what you want, the docs and hospitals
(and the marina) that i worked for know otherwise....

sorry charlie, had to reply to this one....he's trying to step on my
dignity. however, i will pray for him and ignore any more posts from
him on this one.

normally a peace-keeper,
rae

Old 20-07-2007, 05:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Sheldon wrote:
likely there's not enough growing season remaining to
produce peppers anyway.

Habanero is 8" to 10" tall. It is mid July and we often have heat in
October. No rain usually until Nov. For a buck twenty-five, I'll risk it.

Go for it, it's a very cheap gamble... at worst you have a pot of
greenery for a few months. But that was not the point. My point is
that a wagon can be sold next year, a pepper plant cannot.

And my point is that I have thee months to harvest my investment. You
know Chicago, I know Sonoma County. They are not the same.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 20-07-2007, 06:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

I showed you mine, you show me yours.

well, well, now..........I'm a little more modest than that! lol

Oh, you know that Sheldon, dumber than dirt. He can keep his but don't
be so modest on our account:-)
Old 20-07-2007, 01:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On Jul 20, 12:53?am, Billy Rose wrote:
In article .com,

Sheldon wrote:
likely there's not enough growing season remaining to
produce peppers anyway.

Habanero is 8" to 10" tall. It is mid July and we often have heat in
October. No rain usually until Nov. For a buck twenty-five, I'll risk it.

Go for it, it's a very cheap gamble... at worst you have a pot of
greenery for a few months. But that was not the point. My point is
that a wagon can be sold next year, a pepper plant cannot.

And my point is that I have thee months to harvest my investment. You
know Chicago, I know Sonoma County. They are not the same.

Chicago? I don't live in Chicago.

Old 20-07-2007, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Half Price Time / charlie

Charlie wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:31:54 -0400, rachael simpson
wrote:

dishonesty is against my belief. and I wasn't asking about water
cleanliness, i was asking if there was a way to preserve and conserve
the water...........and you think what you want, the docs and hospitals
(and the marina) that i worked for know otherwise....

sorry charlie, had to reply to this one....he's trying to step on my
dignity. however, i will pray for him and ignore any more posts from
him on this one.

normally a peace-keeper,
rae

I would have expected no less.

Prime Directive #1: No lies. I live by that. Our family lives by
that.

Prime Directive #2: The Golden Way. "Treat others as you wish to be
treated" "Do unto others......." I *try* to live by that. Our family
*tries* to live by that.

Worry not about correcting Sheldon. He does not honor #2. We'll not
give him the satisfaction of being treated as he treats others, eh?

Peace
Charlie

point noted! i live by both of those standards, as well as a few others.
i know better than to scrape with him, but i felt i had to say something
when accused of lying. that is something i don't stand for. i wasn't
angry by no means.

how's the new baby by the way? got it out in the garden yet? breanna
started crawling in church sunday before last. she will be six months
this sunday. will be so glad when she's through with cutting these first
two teeth. stays right ill with it. Wyatt never had it this bad when he
was teething.

well, it's finally nap time for a certain little boy.........

rae
Old 20-07-2007, 05:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

rachael simpson wrote:

clc wrote:
"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote:

I don't think discounted wagons are in the same catagory as discounted
late season annuals... the plants will bring zero revenue if unsold...
the wagon can be offered for sale next year, but $19.95 is probalby
all it's worth anyway and still some profit, the $59 was way inflated,
as are all seasonal goods at the onset of the season. There are lots
of deep discounts on summer goods in every catagory now; grills and
lawn mowers gotta go to make room for snow blowers. It won't be much
longer and all live nursery plants will be deeply discounted.
Perennials, shrubs, and trees can be heeled in over winter but not
annuals.

this is the type of garden wagon I was talking about:

http://tractorsupply.com/detail.asp?...=1&produ ctID

Looks like a heck of a good deal to me! I wouldn't have passed it up!

Cheryl

That's what I thought.........I'll find some uses for it yet!

Wow, that was a great deal! And I could use a cart like
that rather than always borrowing my neighbor's. lol

Just checked the link and the "closest" Tractor Supply is
40+ miles one way with no guarantee that they'd have 'em
at that price when I got there. sigh

I guess I'll just keep borrowing the neighbor's cart.

Nyssa, green with envy and also green with unripe tomatos

Old 20-07-2007, 05:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On Jul 20, 1:00 am, Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

I showed you mine, you show me yours.

well, well, now..........I'm a little more modest than that! lol

Oh, you know that Sheldon, dumber than dirt. He can keep his but don't
be so modest on our account:-)
--
Billyhttp://angryarab.blogspot.com/

lol, ha! nah, i'll spare ya! besides, my hubby might not like me
sharing that much!

just spotted this post. since my server supposedly up-graded the
other day, i don't get all the posts like i used to. have to use the
dread google mess to keep up with all of them. that's how i found
this one.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
off-topic, got an email yesterday with some translated chinese
proverbs. here's you another laugh:

Man who run in front of car get tired.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Virginity like bubble, one prick, all gone.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok .
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man with one chopstick go hungry.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Baseball is wrong: man with four balls cannot walk.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Panties not best thing on earth! But next to best thing on earth.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cat house.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who drive like hell, bound to get there.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who live in glass house should change clothes in basement.
*~*~*~*~*~! *~*~*~*~*
Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who fart in church sit in own pew.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Crowded elevator smell different to midget.

laughs!
rae

Old 20-07-2007, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Sheldon wrote:

[...]

I have a cart similar to that, probably from the same
factory in China...

If you haven't already found out they are HEAVY and for some
people here may be a bit much to pull around even empty.
That being said I really like mine but I walk ~10 miles a
day just for exercise

Make sure you check the pressure in the tires and keep an
eye on it. They tend to slowly leak and then it is even
harder to pull around.

Mine came from Menards for ~$50 on sale several years ago. I
think you got a good deal too, especially from TSC. I rarely
find any "deals" there since they bought out Farm & Fleet
several years ago. Though there stock on hand is much better
now and I do buy things there that I can't find somewhere
else (shrug).

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Old 20-07-2007, 08:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

On Jul 20, 3:38 pm, Leon Fisk wrote:
[...]

Remove no.spam for email- Hide quoted text -

Yeah they can be kinda heavy. My sis has one that has the tire problem
you described. Every now and then TSC has some pretty good deals. It
helps when you have friends there to let you know what is on sale and
when! Used to buy the All-Stock feed from there, but that has become
way over-priced. When the local store opened, All-Stock costed $4.78,
currently the price is over 7 for it. Started getting elsewhere now.