Old 20-07-2007, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Pardon Me, But This Is Scary

Hello,

These "squash" plants in my garden are truly getting out of
hand. The leaves are over 2 hands across and the other way
also. The plant itself is over the height of my hip and iam
5'6". In case anyone wants to know, yellow crokneck
squash should be vining along and close to the ground, of
which i do have a couple at the other end of the little
garden, that are acting normal. These monster bushes are
bigger than the tomato plants, beside which they are
planted. I purchased all the plants at Lowes: the ones that
are acting normally and the ones that are becoming
monsters. The monsters have no blossoms, the normal ones
are prolific with blossoms. What the 'ell is going on!!!?

Should i just chop the monsters or wait and see what
happens - iam truly scared - they are prickly too. I realize
this sounds absurd, however iam seriously worried, because
after a long drought (which never bothered the monsters),
ithas begun to rain a real sustaining rain.

Truly
HHHEEEEELLLLLLP, well i hope not . . . yet anyway.

Old 20-07-2007, 04:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Harry" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Cool, aren't they? I've read that some people will arrange the vines in a
ring around the garden. The prickly quality will discourage some unwanted
animal visitors.

Old 20-07-2007, 05:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

Harry wrote:
Hello,

These "squash" plants in my garden are truly getting out of
hand. The leaves are over 2 hands across and the other way
also. The plant itself is over the height of my hip and iam
5'6". In case anyone wants to know, yellow crokneck
squash should be vining along and close to the ground, of
which i do have a couple at the other end of the little
garden, that are acting normal. These monster bushes are
bigger than the tomato plants, beside which they are
planted. I purchased all the plants at Lowes: the ones that
are acting normally and the ones that are becoming
monsters. The monsters have no blossoms, the normal ones
are prolific with blossoms. What the 'ell is going on!!!?

If you planted bush varieties of squash, they won't be vining along the
ground. They'll be bushes, tall and broad-leafed. However, they should
have at least male blossoms on them by now.

Plant containers get mislabeled all the time.

Should i just chop the monsters or wait and see what
happens - iam truly scared - they are prickly too. I realize
this sounds absurd, however iam seriously worried, because
after a long drought (which never bothered the monsters),
ithas begun to rain a real sustaining rain.

Leave them alone. Last year I planted what I was told was bush yellow
squash. It turned out to be pattypan, and really nice pattypan too.

Old 20-07-2007, 06:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article .com,
Harry wrote:

[...]

And this too shall pass.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 24-07-2007, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 19, 9:02 pm, Harry wrote:
[...]

I plant all my vining varieties in 4 ft. x 4 ft. raised gardens all
located along the periphery of my gardening area so as to give them
plenty of space to crawl.
www.greatgardens.org

[IMG] code is On

a lot of devoted faxs are okay and other hollow instances are scary, but will Susanne watch that Marla Ponds 0 14-11-2007 05:45 AM
Warding off the blues (pardon the pun) x2 tennis maynard Orchid Photos 6 10-04-2007 03:07 PM
OT pardon testing john rutz Ponds 25 11-08-2003 06:10 AM
Biodemocracy - long and scary Polar Edible Gardening 2 14-02-2003 10:51 PM