Old 11-09-2007, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Compost bin design?

snotbottom wrote:
Oh dear, now I'm confused...

Should the pallet slats run vertical or horizontal?

Yes. HTH :-)

Bob
Old 11-09-2007, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sep 9, 12:13 pm, Sheldon wrote:
thistletoes wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
thistletoes wrote:

Sheldon, great pictures.

snip
The Soilsaver composters like yours are on the way -
got a great deal on eBay.
Thanks again
Deb :-)

I'm glad you got good deal, how good a deal did you get on Ebay, I
never would have though to look there for a composter, but then I've
never bought anything from Ebay. Just figured I'd take a peek, found
this, a great price, less than I paid more than ten years ago:http://tinyurl.com/32aasp

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-139-Soilsave...Compost-Bin_W0...

When you set up your composter choose a level spot that's slightly
pitched away (you don't want the composter set in a depression that
can collect water) and check with a level that you set it plumb and
check with a carpenter's square that all the corners are at 90deg...
otherwise the lid won't fit well. Also find a relatively dry spot,
not somewhere that stays kind of boggy when there's heavy
precipitation, otherwise with winter snows and freezes the ground will
be more likely to heave and skew your composter out of kilter, and
then the lid won't fit. That's the main reason I moved my composter
uphill a bit, there's a small seasonal stream that runs along that
edge of my garden. The garden was set there because even in periods
of drought I don't need to water... that ground can appear dry as
desert but dig down six inches and it's moist.

I think you found the same ad. I paid $58 on eBay for the exact same
item composters.com has for $99.50. Shipping was basically the same.
I am thrilled. No, I would never have thought of eBay either, but
lately have become creative in shopping online. Did you know you can
get car parts on Amazon?

Deb

Old 12-09-2007, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

thistletoes wrote:

I think you found the same ad. I paid $58 on eBay for the exact same
item composters.com has for $99.50. Shipping was basically the same.
I am thrilled. No, I would never have thought of eBay either, but
lately have become creative in shopping online. Did you know you can
get car parts on Amazon?

I'm begining to think you can buy anything on ebay, not just parts,
but the entire vehicle. I think you can even find a mate, rent a
date, you can find everything on ebay.