Old 24-02-2008, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Kitamun: Introduction

Also posted to rec.gardens.edible

Hello Everyone, I am Kitamun.

Last year I began growing an assortment of herbs in a window box, and a
raised planter box of nine French tarragon plants. I found that the
culinary reward of raising herbs were worth doing, so for 2008 I am
starting a small kitchen garden. I live in a rural apartment complex and
my growing area is small and will be confined to containers.

My strategy is to germinate seeds and start cuttings in the house where
it is warm, and when they are going well move them to a cold frame in
the yard to harden-off and await their turn in the garden.

The garden is a dozen seven gallon nursery pots and six 20" by 30" by
18" plastic boxes. The location has a full sun southern exposure.

My experience with gardening has been traditional row cropping
vegetables in ground soil, no experience with growing in containers.

What has led me to this gardening project is my interest in cooking.
Fresh food, prepared simply has always been my choice of cuisine. A
kitchen garden is right down my ally.

Kitamun

Old 27-02-2008, 03:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

--

Sounds like a good plan. I also grow kitchen herbs, but on my deck in
window boxes on the railing. It keeps them off the floor so hubby can

Let us know what all you are growing.
regards, Olde Hippee in Delaware, USA

[IMG] code is On

Kitamun: Introduction kitamun Edible Gardening 0 24-02-2008 11:42 PM
Kitamun: Introduction kitamun Gardening 0 24-02-2008 11:30 PM
[IBC] Introduction Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 26-06-2003 08:20 PM
Introduction d Bonsai 0 26-06-2003 06:56 AM
Introduction & Shallot pronoun United Kingdom 2 25-01-2003 03:33 PM