Old 22-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Rick Long

Default How far back can I prune Hibiscus?

Don't put Hibiscus cuttings in water. They don't like to be wet for
long periods and will rot. Try putting them in perlite and mist
frequiently for best results. You should see some roots in about two
months. If you don't want to mist all the time then wrap the cuttings
in a clear plastic bag and place in a semi-shaded location.

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:04:14 -0700, "Dwayne" wrote:

When you do, if you want to, you can put some of the cuttings in water or
even in wet dirt and if it stays warm enough, it will sprout roots. Then
You can pot up several more to move in and out. Good luck. Dwayne

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
Last summer my two year old potted Tropical Hibiscus didn't set buds til
August. As I did the year before, I brought it indoors for the winter. It

is
still blooming, and looks like it might be ready to load up with another

batch
of blossoms. After it's done blooming, how far back can I trim it? It's

getting
a bit large to keep inside for the winter, but I'd like to see if I can

winter
it over to have it on the deck for the third summer.