Old 20-03-2008, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Rain, rain

One of my favorite musical pieces "used" to be _Beautiful Rain_ by
Ladysmith Black Mambazo. It is, lately, not on my top ten list.
Perhaps you have seen what is going on in southern MO.
I felt so cocky that my raised beds were beyond the rising water
table, so that I could start cold crops early. Twelve inches of rain
in 36 hours brought me back to reality. The only bright spot was that
a combination of vehicle maintenance and procrastination prevented me
from planting the seeds. They WILL go out Sunday.
The spillway from the pond was a raging river. Didn't see any catfish
trying to get away though.
Good luck to you in the path of the storm. I understand IN and OH
will get some bad flooding also.
Looks like my ground level plots will have to wait a few weeks.

cheers

oz, off to the Gulf coast for warmth, sea, and sun next week.