Old 22-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered User

Default Have I destroyed my Lavatera

Hi to all from Co Kerry in Ireland. I have two large Lavateras that are looking a bit sickly after I hacked away a portion that was scratching against our cars as we drove up the drive. I'm a novice gardener and am still learning about what gets pruned and when. This partial amputation was done in October last year and there are no signs of recovery. Now I have learned I should have pruned it down to the ground in January!

Here's my question. Am I too late to prune it in mid-March and, if yes, how far should I go, and if no, what can I do to resuscitate the poor thing. OK so that was actually 3 questions. Desperation!

Thanks for any advice