Old 26-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Jen in Chicago

Default It's bad enough someone destroyed my peony but now...

The stupid condo landscapers crushed my newly planted Blue Angel
Hosta!!! Stupid flkssfjh;akfjh landscapers!

Then my normally sweet DF goes and acts all irritated with ME because
if we're not supposed to plant anything in the common area, he can't
blame them for trampling it. (We live on an end unit in the back) You
would think the f$#@#$%$ing landscapers would recognize a 12" x 12"
hosta for chrissakes!! It's even in a back empty corner! All they
had to do was step OVER it!!! I would totally understand if there
weren't other people in the area who have planted the common grounds
and their flowers look beautiful and are untouched, but I guess since
mine are all young and new, they just look like weeds to the ignorant
fools. If you're going to be a f*&%$^#ing landscaper, learn something
about plants!!!!

Grrrrr.... okay trying to calm down. Idiots. Never mind that they
hacked the top 18 inches off the bushes out front and they're all
lopsided now. Fools.

Must get my own house... must get my own house.... Thanks for
listening.

Old 26-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Timothy

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:25:19 -0700, Jen in Chicago wrote:

[...]

In the furture, if you see the lawn jockeys coming (lawn maintaince
people), tell them about your plants. They may listen, other wise try to
cover the plant (hosta) with a 5 gallon bucket or plant pot. This will
encourage them not to step in that area or they will think it's trash and
leave it be all together. I use the bucket/planter trick when I'm tree
trimming over a flower bed or when weeding a flower bed with baby
plants in it. I am a large person with large boots and the over turned
bucket has saved a lot of small plants from being stomped on by me.
Better luck with the lawn jockeys.....

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com
Bellingham, Washington

Old 26-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Doug Kanter

"Jen in Chicago" wrote in message
om...
The stupid condo landscapers crushed my newly planted Blue Angel
Hosta!!! Stupid flkssfjh;akfjh landscapers!

This is why god invented these:

http://www.springfieldarmory.com/prod-xdpstl-long.shtml

Small enough to fit into your bucket of garden tools. Good for teaching your
maintenance staff new skills, like "staying away".

Old 26-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Salty Thumb

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
t.net:

"Jen in Chicago" wrote in message
om...
The stupid condo landscapers crushed my newly planted Blue Angel
Hosta!!! Stupid flkssfjh;akfjh landscapers!

This is why god invented these:

http://www.springfieldarmory.com/prod-xdpstl-long.shtml

Small enough to fit into your bucket of garden tools. Good for
teaching your maintenance staff new skills, like "staying away".

Haha, funny. Why don't you suggest some of these:

http://www.wood.army.mil/577th/diver...es-on-wall.jpg

Much easier to deny culpability. The only problem is you need to remember
where you put them.
Old 26-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Doug Kanter

"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
t.net:

"Jen in Chicago" wrote in message
om...
The stupid condo landscapers crushed my newly planted Blue Angel
Hosta!!! Stupid flkssfjh;akfjh landscapers!

This is why god invented these:

http://www.springfieldarmory.com/prod-xdpstl-long.shtml

Small enough to fit into your bucket of garden tools. Good for
teaching your maintenance staff new skills, like "staying away".

Haha, funny. Why don't you suggest some of these:

http://www.wood.army.mil/577th/diver...es-on-wall.jpg

Much easier to deny culpability. The only problem is you need to remember
where you put them.

ROFL! If everyone is supposed to have just one soul mate, you must be mine!
:-) You're also a militant gardener, I take it?

hushed whisper: Have you ever waited outside all night for a
repeat-offender stray dog which digs in your lettuce rows, captured it,
taken it to the pound, removed its ID tag, and gone home?

Old 26-06-2003, 09:08 PM
paghat

In article , Salty Thumb
wrote:

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
t.net:

"Jen in Chicago" wrote in message
om...
The stupid condo landscapers crushed my newly planted Blue Angel
Hosta!!! Stupid flkssfjh;akfjh landscapers!

This is why god invented these:

http://www.springfieldarmory.com/prod-xdpstl-long.shtml

Small enough to fit into your bucket of garden tools. Good for
teaching your maintenance staff new skills, like "staying away".

Haha, funny. Why don't you suggest some of these:

http://www.wood.army.mil/577th/diver...es-on-wall.jpg

Much easier to deny culpability. The only problem is you need to remember
where you put them.

But adhering to this to this easy-to-follow make-it-at-home plan:
http://eurekaweb.free.fr/image/bomb-neutron_s_fig1.gif
you pretty much don't need anything else.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 26-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Salty Thumb

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
et.net:

ROFL! If everyone is supposed to have just one soul mate, you must be
mine!

Not unless you are a woman.

:-) You're also a militant gardener, I take it?

Not a chance.

hushed whisper: Have you ever waited outside all night for a
repeat-offender stray dog which digs in your lettuce rows, captured
it, taken it to the pound, removed its ID tag, and gone home?

Ha ha no, but could I recommend a nice organization for people like
yourself? You get to do all the gardening you want ... except they make
you wear a uncomfortable white uniform with no sleeves. It's called the
Funny Farm. Let me know, and I'll see if I can arrange for some people
with guns to pick you up. :-)

-- Salty

Old 26-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Doug Kanter

"paghat" wrote in message
news

But adhering to this to this easy-to-follow make-it-at-home plan:
http://eurekaweb.free.fr/image/bomb-neutron_s_fig1.gif
you pretty much don't need anything else.

-paghat the ratgirl

Cackle cackle....there are others like me. Que bueno!

Old 26-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Salty Thumb

(paghat) wrote in
news
But adhering to this to this easy-to-follow make-it-at-home plan:
http://eurekaweb.free.fr/image/bomb-neutron_s_fig1.gif
you pretty much don't need anything else.

-paghat the ratgirl

hmm, well, at the least, you won't be hearing any neighbors complaining
about cold compost after that. :-)

-- Salty
Old 27-06-2003, 11:56 AM
GrampysGurl

If you're going to be a f*&%$^#ing landscaper, learn something
about plants!!!!

This is why we will never have a landscaper do our yard.... To many horror
stories.
Colleen

Old 27-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Doug Kanter

"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
et.net:

ROFL! If everyone is supposed to have just one soul mate, you must be
mine!

Not unless you are a woman.

:-) You're also a militant gardener, I take it?

Not a chance.

hushed whisper: Have you ever waited outside all night for a
repeat-offender stray dog which digs in your lettuce rows, captured
it, taken it to the pound, removed its ID tag, and gone home?

Ha ha no, but could I recommend a nice organization for people like
yourself? You get to do all the gardening you want ...

Me??? You took the time to suggest land mines, and now you're disowning the
idea? :-)

Old 27-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Salty Thumb

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
t.net:

"Salty Thumb" wrote in message

Ha ha no, but could I recommend a nice organization for people like
yourself? You get to do all the gardening you want ...

Me??? You took the time to suggest land mines, and now you're
disowning the idea? :-)

I guess I should have planted a row of lobelia sarcastemon with that
response. If you're still confused, I'll show you one of my prized
medieval artifacts. It's the fauchard wielded by the Princes of
Greensward. Like all quality medieval weapons, it has a name. It's called
"Sarcastic Revelation".

- Salty

P.S. To Jen is Chicago, too bad about your hostas. Hopefully if it's like
the others mentioned in this group, it'll come back. Until then, don't let
it bug you too much.
Old 27-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Salty Thumb

Salty Thumb wrote in
:

Haha, funny. Why don't you suggest some of these:

http://www.wood.army.mil/577th/diver...es-on-wall.jpg

Much easier to deny culpability. The only problem is you need to
remember where you put them.

WARNING WARNING the above remarks are meant to be sarcastic. Do not take
seriously.
Old 27-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Chrille

But adhering to this to this easy-to-follow make-it-at-home plan:
http://eurekaweb.free.fr/image/bomb-neutron_s_fig1.gif
you pretty much don't need anything else.

You better buy on of these then....
http://www.nukalert.com/