Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-03-2008, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Wanted: Gypsy pepper seeds - offering trades

I am looking for seeds from a pepper variety called "Gypsy". I need only
6 to 8 seeds, because I want to try this variety out this year on a very
limited basis. I'm hoping someone else out there might be trying this
variety this year, and be willing to trade a few of their extra seeds away.

Gypsy is a sweet, prolific variety that is supposed to be excellent for
fresh use, stuffing or frying. I particularly liked the small cluster of
seeds in a large inside cavity - looks great for stuffing. I also like how
they appear to go from yellow to orange to red as they ripen - giving you
the choice of 3 colors from a single plant.

In trade, I can offer "Sweet Million" tomato seeds, which are an
improvement on the older "Sweet 100". I can also offer a few seeds of
"Fooled You" hybrid pepper - a virtually 'heat free' jalapeno variety that
still has the great taste, but is excellent for those of us who can't stand
the hotness.

I also have some new packets of lettuce: "Marvel of Four Seasons", "Lolla
Rossa", & "Bibb".

If you might be interested in trying an heirloom variety, I have one that
hasn't been sold in catalogs since the 1940's. I got a sample a couple of
years ago from the USDA, and raised some. It is a very cold hardy variety
called "Ziegler's Heirloom".

[IMG] code is On

Gypsy Moth Eggs dicko[_1_] Gardening 1 27-08-2008 07:52 PM
Blc Momiloni Rainbow 'The Gypsy V_coerulea Orchid Photos 1 17-01-2008 07:15 PM
Gypsy moths jmagerl Gardening 3 25-07-2007 05:43 PM
Pepper Pepper who's got the Pepper? Dan L. Gardening 2 04-04-2007 07:32 PM
Blc. Momilani Rainbow ‘The Gypsy’ Dayton Holmes Orchid Photos 2 16-12-2006 02:06 AM