Old 15-04-2008, 11:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default How often do you water your Calathea in terms of TIME not soildryness?

I have a Calathea plant, how often should I water it? Non in terms of
whether or not the soil is dry, I don't want to keep sticking my
finger in the soil.

How often do you water your Calatheas? I'll do the average of what
everyone says, thanks much.
Old 16-04-2008, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

also it's an indoor houseplant forgot to mention sorry.
Old 16-04-2008, 07:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in message

I have a Calathea plant, how often should I water it? Non in terms of
whether or not the soil is dry, I don't want to keep sticking my
finger in the soil.

How often do you water your Calatheas? I'll do the average of what
everyone says, thanks much.

Found a simple way to judge soil moisture from day to day. Fill your
standard birdbath. Water your whatevers planted in the ground immediately
with 1" of water. If the water in the birdbath is almost gone, so is the
moisture you established for the whatevers in the ground. Very effective in
high temp/low humidity/windy areas. Both seem immediately associative and
immediately related.
--
Dave

Hypocrisy. Big SUV, filament lights on all night. You think your neighbor
should be changiing to compact fluorescent light bulbs and driving the
hybrid.