Old 23-04-2003, 07:56 AM
rosemarie face

Default Eastern Red Bud and underplanting

Hi ! I planted an eastern redbud last month . It's about 7ft tall . I
would like to plant some annuals or perennials under it , not sure what.
How close to the tree can I plant ?Anything I need to know ? I would
really appreciate your help. I'm in zone 5 .
Thanks ! Rosie z5

Old 23-04-2003, 02:08 PM
animaux

I have my redbud underplanted with Veronica 'Speedwell.' It is a ground cover
and flowers for quite a while in the heat of Texas. You can use minor bulbs for
spring, I planted about a hundred grape hyacinth in a few different cultivars.
Also daffodils.