Old 10-05-2008, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default identify cycad please

In article ,
"Larry" wrote:

I just bought this house and it came with these 2 overgrown cycads/palms
that look like they belong by someone's pool. I would like to have them
removed but I am contemplating the value of them, so I would like to know
what they are and if they are possibly worth something if moved. Thanks.

Larry

begin 666 plants 009.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 plants 004.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 plants 005.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 plants 006.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 plants 007.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 plants 008.jpg
[Image]

end

So that's what a cycad is. Looks like palm fronds:-)
--

Billy
Old 10-05-2008, 10:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"Larry" wrote:

I just bought this house and it came with these 2 overgrown cycads/palms
that look like they belong by someone's pool. I would like to have them
removed but I am contemplating the value of them, so I would like to know
what they are and if they are possibly worth something if moved. Thanks.

Larry

So that's what a cycad is. Looks like palm fronds:-)

Hi,
Correct, Phoenix Palms for sure, probably young P. canariensis. The
small plant to the left of the palms is a cycad, probably Cycus
revoluta. They all can be moved but don't expect to make any money on
the deal. Have them moved to another part of your yard and enjoy.
BTW "Eggs" is also correct, this is not a binary group. Post pics to:
alt.binary.pictures.gardens
HTH -_- how

--
no NEWS is good