Old 24-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Kathy

Default An Empty Snail Shell is a Happy Gardner !!!

HURRAY !!!!!! We finally found out what was eating the leaves of our
veggies. SNAILS!!!! Put some snail bait out and walla dead snails today.
Those darn things snuck in over night, nibbled the goodies and were gone at
sun rise. My question is. Where do the inside of the snails go? All there is
is empty shells.

Kathy

Old 24-04-2003, 02:08 PM
TOM KAN PA

My question is. Where do the inside of the snails go? All there is is empty
shells.
____Reply Separator_____
Where do you think slugs come from? They are snails that have left their
shells.

Old 24-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Zemedelec

I suppose you might, if of a pious disposition, say of them something like:

Under this sod and beneath these trees
Lies all that's left of Samuel Pease;
Pease ain't here--it's just his pod;
He shelled off his soul which flew to God.

(New England gravestone)
zemedelec
Old 24-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Leer

"Zemedelec" wrote in message
Under this sod and beneath these trees
Lies all that's left of Samuel Pease;
Pease ain't here--it's just his pod;
He shelled off his soul which flew to God.

(New England gravestone)
zemedelec

That is a cute poem! I have never heard of Samuel Pease. I will never look
at an empty snail shell again without thinking on Samuel and the sod beneath
the trees.

Lee

Old 24-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Pam

TOM KAN PA wrote:

My question is. Where do the inside of the snails go? All there is is empty
shells.
____Reply Separator_____
Where do you think slugs come from? They are snails that have left their
shells.

Not exactly :-)) They are related but entirely different creatures. They also tend
to be carniverous from time to time and will consume their stricken comrades, but
typically their flesh is eaten by other garden predators - ground beetles, birds,
moles, etc.

Old 24-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Leer

Tom,

http://members.tripod.com/arnobrosi/snail.html

Check this site. This site will explain the difference between a snail and a
slug.

Lee

Old 24-04-2003, 06:32 PM
paghat

In article , "Leer"
wrote:

Tom,

http://members.tripod.com/arnobrosi/snail.html

Check this site. This site will explain the difference between a snail and a
slug.

Lee

Is there also a site to explain the difference between a nail & a lug?
A pail & a jug? All hail & a chug? Airmail & a bug? Tit-flail & a dug?

-paghat the ratgirl

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
My question is. Where do the inside of the snails go? All there is is

empty
shells.
____Reply Separator_____
Where do you think slugs come from? They are snails that have left their
shells.

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 24-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Leer

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "Leer"
wrote:

Tom,

http://members.tripod.com/arnobrosi/snail.html

Check this site. This site will explain the difference between a snail

and a
slug.

Lee

Is there also a site to explain the difference between a nail & a lug?
A pail & a jug? All hail & a chug? Airmail & a bug? Tit-flail & a dug?

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Paghat,

I am not sure if there is a site that would explain the differences between
a nail and a lug, etc.

May be there are some reference guides for writers. I would be interested in
knowing of some reference guides for writers that would comment on such
words. This sounds like a fun idea to write and think about.

Do you have any idea where I might look?

Thanks in advance for your help and considerations,

Lee

Old 25-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Leer" contains these words:

Tom,

http://members.tripod.com/arnobrosi/snail.html

Check this site. This site will explain the difference between a snail and a
slug.

Is there one that explains the difference between tomfoolery and a damnfool?

Janet.

Old 25-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Leer

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Leer" contains these words:

Tom,

http://members.tripod.com/arnobrosi/snail.html

Check this site. This site will explain the difference between a snail

and a
slug.

Is there one that explains the difference between tomfoolery and a

damnfool?

Janet.

Ahh, you read paghat's comment.

Old 25-04-2003, 02:44 PM
animaux

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:51:48 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

Is there one that explains the difference between tomfoolery and a damnfool?

Janet.

How 'bout a nut and a fruitcake?
Old 25-04-2003, 06:20 PM
LeeAnne

Or a fruit and a nutcake?

Old 25-04-2003, 08:44 PM
animaux

Well, I tell my bird, Mika, she smells like a watermelon and a buckwheat cake.
But not the same sentiment. I adore my Mika Bird Johnson.

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:11:40 -0400, "LeeAnne"
wrote:

Or a fruit and a nutcake?