Old 09-06-2008, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Shrub ID Please

I'd been over this with some other people and so far have not gotten a
proper ID yet. Can someone let me know what the heck this thing is?
http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_0609.JPG

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_0608.JPG

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_0607.JPG

Thanks for any help!

Posted by NewsLook (Trial Licence) from http://www.ghytred.com/NewsLook/about.aspx

Old 09-06-2008, 05:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

In message , Scott
Hildenbrand writes
I'd been over this with some other people and so far have not gotten a
proper ID yet. Can someone let me know what the heck this thing is?
http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_0609.JPG

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_0608.JPG

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_0607.JPG

Thanks for any help!

It's a Hypericum. Have a look on the web at pictures of Hypericum
'Sunburst' and see if you think that it's that one.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 09-06-2008, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 9, 11:43*am, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:
I'd been over this with some other people and so far have not gotten a
proper ID yet. Can someone let me know what the heck this thing is?http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_0609.JPG

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_0608.JPG

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_0607.JPG

Thanks for any help!

Posted by NewsLook (Trial Licence) fromhttp://www.ghytred.com/NewsLook/about.aspx

I tend to agree about it being a Hypericum, the common name is St.
John's Wort shrub. There is also a more prostrate variety of St.
John's Wort. Older shrubs have wonderful exfoliating bark on the
shrub's stems and the flowers attract all manner of teensy to bumblie
bee sized pollinators. It's wonderful in bloom for about four weeks
more or less depending on the heat at the time of blossom.
I had a most magnificent shrub I'd gotten at Holbrook Farms that used
to be in business in North Carolina and it had 13 years to grow into a
most impressive specimen. It doesn't get more than eight feet tall
and five foot wide at maturity, and mine was finally gaining it's
limitations when I had to move and dug it up. It seperated into four
distinct shrublets, but have lost all of them due to not being where
they were to maintain them with watering until I could plant them into
the soil again. Mine liked dappled eastern/southern light, it didn't
mind clay soil, but I top dressed it with compost, which it loved more
it seemed. Hope this clears more up.
madgardener up in the green bowl in Eastern Tennessee gardening in
zone 6b- 7a