Old 16-06-2008, 09:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default CANADA: Best Gardening Magazine ??

Hi,

I am only going to order one gardening magazine, which one is the best for
Canadians?

Thank you

Old 18-06-2008, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jun 16, 2:21*pm, "Maple Tree" wrote:
Hi,

I am only going to order one gardening magazine, which one is the best for
Canadians?

Thank you

'Best' is such a subjective term. The 'best' magazine is going to be
determined by your interests and your needs, which in turn are
determined by your zone. If you're in Ontario, for example, you
wouldn't necessarily be interested in a magazine for a prairie
environment regardless of how good it is. My local gardening group had
a discussion a while ago about their favorite magazine. The top ones
were Gardens West and Fine Gardening (American).

Some others mentioned though we
Alberta Gardener
Northern Gardener (published in the States so I guess we're uber-
northern gardeners)
Garden Gate (also U.S.)
Gardeners for the prairies
Canadian Gardening (has an online forum) - is a good general one
Enjoy Gardening published by Holes in Edmonton- someone said it was
excellent but it is biannual so only 2 issues a year

I suggest you look on their websites and see what kind of articles
they have.

You might also check the UBC Botanical Garden site. They have a good
forum, and probably have publications as well.

Dora
Old 25-06-2008, 01:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

Hi this is Carlos from Guatemala, City. I am a lover of flowers and
plants, but I am not an expert. I love Lillacs and Orchids. In my
Country Guatemala, they cultivate the White Orchid or Snow White which
gives few flowers at year.

Question: Do you know some magazine that has published this kind of
flowers?

Thanks,
Carlos