Old 01-08-2008, 08:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plant ID Please

I'd seen these at Lowes for 50 cents each and decided to pick some up.
They have a woody stem to them and do not look like annuals at all so
I thought I'd take my chances and pick them up.

Size is about 12" tall by 12-16" wide, variegated leaves, semi
hardwood branching.

1024x768
http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1281.JPG

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1282.JPG

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1283.JPG

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1284.JPG

I've picked up alot of fun plants from the "OMG, I'm almost DEAD!"
rack at Lowes for dirt cheap. So long as they're just badly treated
perennials, it's well worth it.

This one however is dirt cheap, but only because they don't have a
flippin' clue what it is. All that's on the pot is "Accent", which
doesn't tell much.

Anyway, thanks tons for any help..

Old 01-08-2008, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 1, 3:12*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Looks like a Itea

Hey Cheryl.. Long time to chit-chat..

Thanks for the guess, not sure if it fits though.

Shot with a $1 for size ref.

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1285.JPG

Young leaves are narrow and smooth along the side, older leaves seem
to broaden and develop a rough edge as seen at the bottom of the bill.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 8/1/08 4:23 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Aug 1, 3:12*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Looks like a Itea

Hey Cheryl.. Long time to chit-chat..

Thanks for the guess, not sure if it fits though.

Shot with a $1 for size ref.

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1285.JPG

Young leaves are narrow and smooth along the side, older leaves seem
to broaden and develop a rough edge as seen at the bottom of the bill.

Hi,
No clues then - useful reference though.

My thought had been a variant of the Henry's Garnet. Mine has kept the tiny
leaves.

Cheryl

Old 02-08-2008, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 1, 1:23 pm, wrote:
On Aug 1, 3:12 pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Looks like a Itea

Hey Cheryl.. Long time to chit-chat..

Thanks for the guess, not sure if it fits though.

Shot with a $1 for size ref.

http://pics.fuzzywolf.com/IMG_1285.JPG

Young leaves are narrow and smooth along the side, older leaves seem
to broaden and develop a rough edge as seen at the bottom of the bill.

Nothing very scientific, just rather a guess

1. Euonymous leaves would be alternate on stem
2. Eleagnus leaves would be opposite on stem
maybe Maculata
Emilie