Old 12-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered User

Unhappy Sawfly

Hi we try to use only natural pest control methods for our Tropical Plants.

However we are having trouble in removing sawflys from our banana plants and some of our other tropical fruits such as the kiwi's, any suggestions please

kathryn

www.carreglefn nurseries.co.uk
Old 12-08-2008, 06:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Sawfly

Kathryn Selfe wrote:
Hi we try to use only natural pest control methods for our Tropical
Plants.

However we are having trouble in removing sawflys from our banana
plants and some of our other tropical fruits such as the kiwi's, any
suggestions please

Hi,
Never heard of sawflies damaging bananas, thought they mostly did pines.
Perhaps you have a caterpillar and if so control would be B.t:
http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/ent/bi.../bacteria.html
I don't know what brand names for bacillus thuringiensis are used on
your side of the pond.
What part of the plants are being damaged, fruit, leaves?
Kiwis are temperate not tropical.

HTH -_- how
--
no NEWS is good
Old 12-08-2008, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
wrote:

Kathryn Selfe wrote:
Hi we try to use only natural pest control methods for our Tropical
Plants.

However we are having trouble in removing sawflys from our banana
plants and some of our other tropical fruits such as the kiwi's, any
suggestions please

Hi,
Never heard of sawflies damaging bananas, thought they mostly did pines.
Perhaps you have a caterpillar and if so control would be B.t:
http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/ent/bi.../bacteria.html
I don't know what brand names for bacillus thuringiensis are used on
your side of the pond.
What part of the plants are being damaged, fruit, leaves?
Kiwis are temperate not tropical.

HTH -_- how

I saw a sawfly sawing a see-saw
Did you see the sawfly sawing the see-saw?
A sawfly can saw as much see-saw as a sawfly can saw!

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com

[IMG] code is On

Gooseberry Sawfly Rod United Kingdom 2 29-06-2005 10:55 AM
Apple sawfly question Brian Mitchell United Kingdom 0 25-07-2004 05:03 PM
Apple sawfly question Brian Mitchell United Kingdom 0 25-07-2004 04:18 PM
Rose sawfly Paul Richards United Kingdom 3 17-06-2003 10:56 AM
Gooseberry Sawfly Alan Gabriel United Kingdom 8 15-05-2003 11:32 PM