Old 13-11-2008, 04:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Greenhouse crypton factor

sometime in the recent past Kelly T posted this:
Can anyone help? We have acquired a second hand greenhouse, 6 x 4 i
think, possibly the next size up. However, we now need to try to erect
it and all we have is bits and no manual, also, all of the black seal
type stuff (very thin) has come off and i'm not sure where to get some
replacement from or if it is necessary at all. It has an aluminium
frame. I'm desperate to get it up and start using it as it has been
stored flat for over a year now mainly because we are struggling to
work out where on earth to start!!! Another worry i have is that we do
live on top of a fairly big hill in Wales and am wondering how to
position it in order to minimize wind disruption. I look forward to
getting any advice and thank you in advance for taking the time to give
it. Kelly

Just a couple thoughts. If you have a structure (building or cairn) that the
greenhouse can be erected in the lee of out of the prevailing winds and
still get the sun you need, all the better. Otherwise, a concrete pad might
conceivably be needed to bolt the structure down to. Don't forget where you
sun goes.

--
Wilson N44º39" W67º12"