Old 20-11-2008, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Common tree problems

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:
At this point, I'm concerned about
taking shoots from live oak roots and possibly creating an enviroment for
oak wilt. Should I pursue this further, or drop the idea entirely?

I'd check with your local state agriculture folks. That said just
think of how us gardeners have been spreading all sorts of life about.
I've got plants from just about every part of the USA. Think most of
my slug problem was brought in along with a potted scrub or plant. The
hope is strong plants can fend of the intruders interlopers. Kudzu ?
The whole notion of introduced species is out of control. I read all
native plants in Florida are gone. Our Oaks are undergoing a rust.
The time frame for this is too long for us to discern emerging loss.
Environment impact of humanity ?
Just got ³American Pests² Subtitled ³The losing war on insects from
Colonial Times to DDT.² By James E McWilliams.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 20-11-2008, 03:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill wrote:

Think most of
my slug problem was brought in along with a potted scrub or plant.

Hasn't the "iron" phosphate alleviated this problem?
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars
Old 20-11-2008, 03:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill wrote:

³American Pests² Subtitled ³The losing war on insects from
Colonial Times to DDT.² By James E McWilliams

Oh, and thanks for mentioning American Pests. Looks like a good book.

Old 20-11-2008, 03:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Bill wrote:

Think most of
my slug problem was brought in along with a potted scrub or plant.

Hasn't the "iron" phosphate alleviated this problem?

Well the product that has 1 % active ingredient has knocked them back.
Happy news.

Bad News .

The order for Iron Phosphate for $77.55 is still in limbo. Fired off a
E mail with no response but they did manage to charge me. (

Sent another request just now.

Bill

Seems I must have done some bad things in a previous life. Iron
Phosphate possible retribution. )

Thank you for your order. We are proud to be your source for Chemicals
and Laboratory Equipment.

We pride ourselves on delivering the best possible shopping experience
to you and all of our customers. That means that from the moment you
enter sciencelab.com to the moment your order is delivered to your door
- we are dedicated to your satisfaction.

We have included your complete order information below.

IMPORTANT NOTES

Please remember the following as you await your order:
- Do not be concerned if items in your order arrive in separate
packages. Many chemicals can not ship in the same package with other
chemicals.
- To check tracking on an order once it has been shipped, please visit
http://www.sciencelab.com/data/order-track.htm.
- Remember you cannot cancel your order if it is a specialty order item
or if it is currently in the shipping process.

CONTACT US

Please feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any questions
regarding this or any other order by visiting customer support located
at http://www.sciencelab.com/data/help.htm.
Please be sure to include your order number when contacting us.

THANK YOU !

Once again, thank you for placing your order with ScienceLab.com, your
scientific supply center. We value your business and will continue to
offer great products, low prices, and outstanding service.

Sincerely,

ScienceLab.com, Inc.
Customer Support Team

***************************************
YOUR ORDER INFORMATION:
***************************************

Order Number:54409
Placed *****: 07/02/2008 11:25:21 CDT

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 20-11-2008, 10:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill wrote:

ScienceLab.com, Inc.
Customer Support Team

***************************************
YOUR ORDER INFORMATION:
***************************************

Order Number:54409
Placed *****: 07/02/2008 11:25:21 CDT

Four months and counting? Geeez. What a crummy operation.

Old 20-11-2008, 11:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars

Verizon's televison ads claim to have "more bars," but I just got back
from the TriCities in Eastern Washington. They've just gotta have more
bars than anywhere on Earth.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com
Old 21-11-2008, 01:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:
[...]

Everything I've read including the aggie site in Texas about oak wilt
origination and proliferation seems shady and doubtful at best. They
managed to contain an outbreak in Austin a few months ago with state and
local aggie reps helping, but they aren't sure about the mechanics behind
it. Still a guessing game so far. That's why I'm hesistant on a decision.
--
Dave

Old 21-11-2008, 02:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:
[...]

Hi Dave.

This site may be of interest to you.

http://www.suddenoakdeath.org/

Best!

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 25-11-2008, 12:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:
[...]

http://www.volente.org:80/docs/oakwiltarticles.html

At the bottom of the page describes why I should not remove shoots from
roots. The beetle that spreads it may find the opening and infect that
root. Guess I'll have to go from scratch with acorns in sterile soil as the
link states.
--
Dave

Old 25-11-2008, 02:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Nov 19, 10:02 pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:37:19 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"

wrote:

"D. Staples" wrote in message
comsupplyinc...
Jangchub wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:05:52 -0500, "SYMPLASTLESS222"
wrote:

Jangchub

Just Go Away

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You telling me to go away!
Hahahhaahahaha. Thanks for the laugh. I thought you were ignoring
me?

You are possibly an idiot servant.
Victoria

possibly?

Certainly not an idiot savant so why not.

David

Indeed, savant. Poor me, the big dummard I am for not checking my
facts and spelling!

Victoria

I liked idiot servant better- but then, I have a low taste for bad
puns.

Chris