Old 16-11-2008, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Common tree problems

PPD is very active. People Pressure Diseases.

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20..._planting.html

Improper Mulching -
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/mulch.html

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Tree Biologist
www.treedictionary.com
and
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
Watch out for so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology.
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, tornado's, volcanic eruptions and other
abiotic forces keep reminding humans that they are not the boss.

Old 16-11-2008, 11:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

Ah, the yard boy is back from his cure.

"SYMPLASTLESS222" wrote in message
. ..
PPD is very active. People Pressure Diseases.

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://www.tree1dictionary.com/DICT2..._planting.html

Improper Mulching -
http://www.treed1ictionary.com/DICT2003/M/mulch.html

Improper Pruning
http://www.tree1dictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedicti1onary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html
1
Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedic1tionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictio1nary.com/DICT2...igo/RHIZO.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Yard Boy
www.tre1edictionary.com
and
http://ho1me.ccil.org/~treeman
Watch out for yard boys who do not understand tree biology.
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, tornado's, volcanic eruptions and
other abiotic forces keep reminding yard boys that they are not the boss.

Old 18-11-2008, 01:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

"D. Staples" wrote in message
Ah, the yard boy is back from his cure.

Anybody claiming to be a forester should be responsible for defining just
what they mean when they say forest.

I actually have over 900 terms that you should be required to define if you
call yourself a forester.

Why not start with how you define a forest.

Then define what you mean when you say that you are a forester. What do you
mean when you say forester.

I went to your website and found the link to be dead.
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/forestry/staples.htm

Actually I am trying to define the terms myself.

I am just asking you to define two.

Old 18-11-2008, 05:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Prove you have any education other than being a saw hand for Shigo for 52
days and I will respond, no use in through roses before swine.

"D. Staples" wrote in message
Ah, the yard boy is back from his cure.

Anybody claiming to be a forester should be responsible for defining just
what they mean when they say forest.

I actually have over 900 terms that you should be required to define if
you call yourself a forester.

Why not start with how you define a forest.

Then define what you mean when you say that you are a forester. What do
you mean when you say forester.

I went to your website and found the link to be dead.
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/forestry/staples.htm

Actually I am trying to define the terms myself.

I am just asking you to define two.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting yard boy
www.treedicctionary.com
and
http://homec.ccil.org/~treeman
Watch out for yard boys who do not understand tree biology.
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, tornado's, volcanic eruptions and
other abiotic forces keep reminding humans that yard boys are not the
boss.

Old 18-11-2008, 07:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , "D.
Staples" wrote:

Prove you have any education other than being a saw hand for Shigo for 52
days and I will respond, no use in throwing roses before swine.

Symptomless listed under the header "common tree problem" is so apropos.

-paghat the ratgirl

"D. Staples" wrote in message
[...]

visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com
visit my film reviews website:
http://www.weirdwildrealm.com

Old 18-11-2008, 09:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

"D. Staples" wrote in message
.. .
Prove you have any education other than being a saw hand for Shigo for 52
days and I will respond, no use in through roses before swine.
Don Staples - Consulting Salvage Hog
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm

In reality Don Staples claims to be a "consulting forester" while he refuses
to define specifically what that is at his website at:
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/forestry/staples.htm

PLEASE DEFINE WHAT YOU ARE. "CONSULTING FORESTER" YOUR LINK IS DEAD.
@ http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/forestry/staples.htm

Ok, then, Don Staples. Please provide data specific to Texas that states
that your salvage and restoration work increases the health of a forest
rather
than what I state, that your practice is deforestation. Please
provide the page and paragraph number where your data can be found stating
that you increase forest health by your salvage and restoration work. You
claim I am a fraud while all along you promote deforestation claiming sound
treatment for landowners investment. You claim to be a consulting forester.
Please consult and provide the data for your practice.

"All of the above are relatively simple, low-cost maintenance and management
procedures that will protect your investment, preserve your land, and
provide peace of mind."
A quote from Staples Forestry.

Then he claims this as preservation:
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm
Nothing but deforestation.

Old 18-11-2008, 10:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

SYMPLASTLESS222 wrote:

normal yard boy nonsense.

Hey simpleass, show us you can even read my web page.

Old 19-11-2008, 01:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jangchub

Just Go Away

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Tree Biologist
www.treedictionary.com
and
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
Watch out for so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology.
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, tornado's, volcanic eruptions and other
abiotic forces keep reminding humans that they are not the boss.

"Jangchub" wrote in message
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh as I run screaming from my
computer. Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up! My hair is on
fire...............

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 18:12:57 -0500, "SYMPLASTLESS222"
wrote:

[...]

Victoria

"There are known knowns. These are things we
know that we know. There are known unknowns.
That is to say, there are things that we know
we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns.
There are things we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/

Old 19-11-2008, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jangchub wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:05:52 -0500, "SYMPLASTLESS222"
wrote:

Jangchub

Just Go Away

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You telling me to go away!
Hahahhaahahaha. Thanks for the laugh. I thought you were ignoring
me?

You are possibly an idiot servant.
Victoria

possibly?
Old 20-11-2008, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

"D. Staples" wrote in message
omsupplyinc...
wrote:

Jangchub

Just Go Away

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You telling me to go away!
Hahahhaahahaha. Thanks for the laugh. I thought you were ignoring
me?

You are possibly an idiot servant.
Victoria

possibly?

Certainly not an idiot savant so why not.

David

Old 20-11-2008, 11:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:37:19 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

"D. Staples" wrote in message
ecomsupplyinc...
wrote:

Jangchub

Just Go Away

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You telling me to go away!
Hahahhaahahaha. Thanks for the laugh. I thought you were ignoring
me?

You are possibly an idiot servant.
Victoria

possibly?

Certainly not an idiot savant so why not.

David

Indeed, savant. Poor me, the big dummard I am for not checking my
facts and spelling!

Victoria

What information do you claim is incorrect?

Old 20-11-2008, 12:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:37:19 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:
"D. Staples" wrote in message
lecomsupplyinc...
wrote:

[...]

:-)) I note that you didn't contest the claim that you were an idiot
servant.

(And I much prefer that as an insult to 'idiot savant').

Old 20-11-2008, 01:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

[...]

Brings up something I've been looking into. Living in zone 8A. This spring
had decent rain followed by practically none. Extreme drought.

Live oaks rhizomes are producing large amounts of shoots with leaves
evidenced throughout the area. Found one paper (1987, Texas) that indicated
how to take shoots from live oaks and place in planters for planting a year
or 2 later to their permanent site. They discovered over the 10 year
observation that acorn originated tree produced shoots from roots
(rhizomes), the shoot from rhizome originated trees had no evidence of this,
both planted at same site. Thought that was interesting.

Anyway, I looked into origins of oak wilt. The predominant theory is that
its fungus in nature attacking exposed roots. Oak wilt seems to be
contagious in some manner spreading from tree to tree. The rhizosphere
weblink you provided seems to indicate that fungus is natural in the war
between roots and microorganisims. At this point, I'm concerned about
taking shoots from live oak roots and possibly creating an enviroment for
oak wilt. Should I pursue this further, or drop the idea entirely?
--
Dave