Old 29-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered User

Default Help me identify me plant

Hello from Berlin

I need help identifying my new plant. I tried to attach photos but had issues. Here are a couple of links to pictures of the mystery plant.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3291/...bd2d18d4_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3248/...59a17f79_o.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Neil
Old 29-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanNeil View Post
Hello from Berlin

I need help identifying my new plant. I tried to attach photos but had issues. Here are a couple of links to pictures of the mystery plant.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3291/...bd2d18d4_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3248/...59a17f79_o.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Neil
Mahonia? (Try Googling it)
Old 29-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Conroy View Post
Mahonia? (Try Googling it)
Speedy reply, thanks. I searched Google Images for Mahonia unfortunately none of the pictures look like my plant.
Old 30-12-2008, 03:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

TartanNeil wrote:
Hello from Berlin

I need help identifying my new plant. I tried to attach photos but had
issues. Here are a couple of links to pictures of the mystery plant.

http://tinyurl.com/74w3g2

http://tinyurl.com/8szgqx

Thanks in advance.

Neil

--
TartanNeil

Fatsia japonica, common name Japanese Aralia

Emilie
Old 30-12-2008, 10:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

In message , Janet Conroy
writes

TartanNeil;826213 Wrote:
Hello from Berlin

I need help identifying my new plant. I tried to attach photos but had
issues. Here are a couple of links to pictures of the mystery plant.

http://tinyurl.com/74w3g2

http://tinyurl.com/8szgqx

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Mahonia? (Try Googling it)

The other identification as Fatsia is more likely. The Mahonias I know
have pinnate (and prickly) leaves, not palmately lobed leaves.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 30-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleblanca View Post
TartanNeil wrote:
Hello from Berlin

I need help identifying my new plant. I tried to attach photos but had
issues. Here are a couple of links to pictures of the mystery plant.

http://tinyurl.com/74w3g2

http://tinyurl.com/8szgqx

Thanks in advance.

Neil

--
TartanNeil

Fatsia japonica, common name Japanese Aralia

Emilie
Emilie is absolutely right - I think I had a rush of blood to the head when I said mahonia.
Old 30-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Conroy View Post
Emilie is absolutely right - I think I had a rush of blood to the head when I said mahonia.

Great! Thanks so much.
Old 30-12-2008, 11:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

In message , Janet Conroy
writes

TartanNeil;826213 Wrote:
Hello from Berlin

I need help identifying my new plant. I tried to attach photos but had
issues. Here are a couple of links to pictures of the mystery plant.

http://tinyurl.com/74w3g2

http://tinyurl.com/8szgqx

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Mahonia? (Try Googling it)

Sorry not mahonia. 99% sure it's a fatsia
--
Gopher .... I know my place!

Old 31-12-2008, 01:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Dec 30, 7:18 am, "Adam Golatofski" wrote:
Hi,

it could be Fatsia, but also it can be Fatshedera. I´m not sure ...

regards,

Adam

"TartanNeil" schrieb im .uk...

Hello from Berlin

I need help identifying my new plant. I tried to attach photos but had
issues. Here are a couple of links to pictures of the mystery plant.

http://tinyurl.com/74w3g2

http://tinyurl.com/8szgqx

Thanks in advance.

Neil

--
TartanNeil

Hi Adam
Good point
Fatshedera leaves are more ivy-like, similar to its hedera parent ,
English ivy.
Fatsia leaves are deeply lobed with that rounded
"keyhole" like indentation between lobes.
Fatsia is usually a bushier plant.
That.s why I thought it to be Fatsia.
Em

Old 08-01-2009, 03:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ono Ono is offline

On 2008$BG/(B12$B7n(B31$BF|(B, $B8aA0(B10:41, mleblanca wrote:
On Dec 30, 7:18 am, "Adam Golatofski" wrote:

Hi,

it could be Fatsia, but also it can be Fatshedera. I$B!-(Bm not sure ...

regards,

Adam

"TartanNeil" schrieb im .uk...

Hello from Berlin

I need help identifying my new plant. I tried to attach photos but had
issues. Here are a couple of links to pictures of the mystery plant.

http://tinyurl.com/74w3g2

http://tinyurl.com/8szgqx

Thanks in advance.

Neil

--
TartanNeil

Hi Adam
Good point
Fatshedera leaves are more ivy-like, similar to its hedera parent ,
English ivy.
Fatsia leaves are deeply lobed with that rounded
"keyhole" like indentation between lobes.
Fatsia is usually a bushier plant.
That.s why I thought it to be Fatsia.
Em- $B0zMQ%F%-%9%H$rI=($7$J$$(B -

- $B0zMQ%F%-%9%H$rI=((B -

Fatshedera (Fatshedera lizei) = Fatsia japonica x Hedera helix
(x:genus crossed)