Old 22-03-2009, 09:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Starting seeds indoors

First I'm sorry about the html in previous post.

Is 1 month before the last frost date about right for starting tomato
and pepper seeds in-doors? Thanks. harley

Old 23-03-2009, 03:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

You might hold off planting the peppers a week or so if your late springs
and early summers are not very warm. Peppers prefer warmer weather then
tomatoes. Around here (Oregon, Wilammette Valley) we can get snow in April,
and May and June can be downright chilly. Tomatoes will do fine, but peppers
just sit there until it warms up a bit.

Old 24-03-2009, 10:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Harley" wrote in message
First I'm sorry about the html in previous post.

Is 1 month before the last frost date about right for starting tomato
and pepper seeds in-doors? Thanks. harley

I find starting peppers 2 to 3 weeks earlier than tomatoes works better as
they grow slower. That goes for eggplants also.