Old 25-03-2009, 08:52 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

Default White House to Plant Organic Vegetable Garden

In article ,
"Jon Danniken" wrote:

"Billy" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
My point was that injecting social engineering by targeting the most
vulnerable, ie our children, is a very dangerous thing to do, for so very
many reasons. That this isn't readily apparent to everyone is even more
disturbing, but that is a sign of the times we live in today.

You think gardening is propaganda?

"I mean, sure, organic gardens are the way to go, but the whole "child
propaganda" concept is a bit frightening, even if it is well
intentioned."
- Jon Danniken

No, but thank you for completely (deliberately?) mis-interpreting the point
I was trying to make in order to make yours.

Jon

At this point, I don't care what you thought you were saying.
How's your garden doin'? (Hint, hint)
--

- Billy
"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is

Old 25-03-2009, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Bill wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"The moderator" wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:03:55 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

I sure hope they can plant a garden better than they can manage the
government.
I for one can not understand why the Dems and others are constantly
bashing
Bush.

Trillions deficit maybe?

Obama's budget will quadruple the deficit.
http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/...ficit-in-pictu
re
s/

He was doing fairly well untill 2006 when the Dems took over congress
and then everything started going to hell in a hand basket.

Really? How so? He went on vacation more than any other president in
history.

Obama is on a new talk show every night.

The A Holes who caused all the problems where Barney Fag, Chris the
crook
Dodd, Chuckie the forehead Schummer, Maxine Waters, and that fat guy
from
Harlem. ALL DEMOCRATS!!!

Barney Fag? I see.

They're the ones who wanted to give home loans to
people who couldn't afford to make payments. Don't forget Fannie and
Freddie are the root causes of the problems along with greedy Wall
Street
brokers who tried to take over the mortgages to make a fast buck and
then
fell on their faces.

And the president of two months is supposed to have, what, all this
fixed?

Well Obama wasn't supposed to increase earmarks like he has.

Ethically, Obama wasn't supposed to hire a bunch of tax cheats like he
has.
Fiscally, he wasn't supposed to quadruple the debt like he has proposed.

To increase oversight, Obama wasn't supposed to allow legislation to be
rushed through, before anyone read it.

In Foreign Policy, he wasn't supposed to use the Eastern Europe missile
defense shield to barter with the Russians after he already said he was
going to remove it.

In Iraq, Obama was supposed to end the war in Iraq, not commit 50,000
troops
indefinitely.

In two months Obama hasn't fixed anything, but he has been able to screw
up
a lot of things. I don't think we can survive four years.

That's a shame. How's your garden goin'?

I just wanted to post to the moderator.

"Love it or leave it. " God I feel better sort of like the shoe is on
the other foot and the comfey has reduced the ingrown nail to a minor
irritation.

Sky is falling.

Bill

Speaking of shoes, Muntadhar al-Zaidi is da man.

Old 25-03-2009, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Bill wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/...deficit-in-pic
[...]

I would throw Obama a shoe too. It would land three feet from me and
would only suggest do what we think we have to do.

Bill Who would suggest a poet in the cabinet sort of like a court
jester.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 26-03-2009, 04:41 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
"FarmI" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
Charlie wrote:

In an interview in her office, Mrs. Obama said, "My hope is that
through children, they will begin to educate their families and that
will, in turn, begin to educate our communities."

I don't know about you, but I found that to be kind of creepy. I mean,
sure, organic gardens are the way to go, but the whole "child
propaganda" concept is a bit frightening, even if it is well
intentioned.

Obviously it's been a long time since you saw the early episodes of
Sesame Street.

Didn't watch the show as a child; I rode my bike around (unsupervised and
without a helmet!), played in the dirt (digging holes was a favorite
activity) hung out at the library listening to records or reading books,
skateboarded, went to the beach, played army with realistic looking toy
guns, you know, normal things kids are supposed to do when they are
allowed to be KIDS and not treated as commodities to be molded and
controlled by the party in power.

My point was that injecting social engineering by targeting the most
vulnerable, ie our children, is a very dangerous thing to do, for so very
many reasons. That this isn't readily apparent to everyone is even more
disturbing, but that is a sign of the times we live in today.

Heard of "hegemony"? If you have, you might like to think twice before
telling us about your "normal" childhood.

Raising children is all about social engineering. All conscientous parents
do it, all societies do it. That is the way we turn into adults.