Old 14-05-2009, 10:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Home ground wheat recipes

Yes, I know this is rec.gardens, not rec.recipes - but I'm betting a lot of
you have recipes that use home-ground wheat. I just got a nice shiny new
wheat grinder so I can finally do something with all this wheat piled up in
my dining room.

Does anyone have any recipes specifically made for home ground and cracked
wheat that they would like to share, or know of online recpies they can
point me to?

Old 14-05-2009, 10:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Zootal" wrote:

Yes, I know this is rec.gardens, not rec.recipes - but I'm betting a lot of
you have recipes that use home-ground wheat. I just got a nice shiny new
wheat grinder so I can finally do something with all this wheat piled up in
my dining room.

Does anyone have any recipes specifically made for home ground and cracked
wheat that they would like to share, or know of online recpies they can
point me to?

William Wagner wrote:
: In article ,
: "Juhana Harju" wrote:

:: Anyway, it is nice to see that there are still some sane
:: people posting to this group (no irony here).
:
: Aside... Found Juhana's tip concerning Spelt wonderful. A grain
: very nutty and a good side dish. Think rice and walnut . Yummy!
: I treat it like rice.
:
: Bill

Thanks, Bill. Another morning dish I eat frequently in summertime is a
fresh
porridge made from whole buckwheat and millet (3:1). I rinse the grains
three times - first in cold water, then in warm water, and in cold water
again. Then I let the grains soak overnight in the fridge. In the
morning I
grind the grains in a blender. I eat this fresh uncooked porridge with a
purée made from a couple of soaked dried figs. Smooth and delicious.

--
Juhana

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA