Old 13-06-2009, 03:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What Flower is this?

Greetings, could you please tell me the name of the flower I have
uploaded as the first picture at http://www.oz-greetings.com.au/photo
.. I named it lamely ‘Evening 2’ because I can’t find its proper name
in my flower book . It seems to be quite popular here in Australia,
have seen it many times in people’s front yard.
Many thanks for your help - Klaus and Rusty
http://www.oz-greetings.com.au
Nature & Wilderness

Old 13-06-2009, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
blacklight wrote:

Greetings, could you please tell me the name of the flower I have
uploaded as the first picture at http://www.oz-greetings.com.au/photo
. I named it lamely ŒEvening 2¹ because I can¹t find its proper name
in my flower book . It seems to be quite popular here in Australia,
have seen it many times in people¹s front yard.
Many thanks for your help - Klaus and Rusty
http://www.oz-greetings.com.au
Nature & Wilderness

Looks like a canna lily of some type.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ei=eQozSoeVB4f
QsQOYtZjLDg&resnum=0&q=canna+lily,+picture&um=1&ie =UTF-8&ei=hAozSvC5EY2Cs
wPwrLnFDg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=t itle
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Zunx_goz4

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/6/2...ra_hass_on_the

Old 13-06-2009, 04:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 6/12/2009 7:02 PM, blacklight wrote:
Greetings, could you please tell me the name of the flower I have
uploaded as the first picture at http://www.oz-greetings.com.au/photo
. I named it lamely ‘Evening 2’ because I can’t find its proper name
in my flower book . It seems to be quite popular here in Australia,
have seen it many times in people’s front yard.
Many thanks for your help - Klaus and Rusty
http://www.oz-greetings.com.au
Nature & Wilderness

I think they are cannas (hybrids in the genus Canna). I've seen them in
red, flame, orange, gold, yellow, and cream. I saw one that had
two-toned flowers combining gold and flame. Depending on the variety,
the foliage might be green or red, sometimes with stripes. When not at
their peak of bloom, I think they look somewhat weedy.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 13-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Registered User

it is quite interesting flower and nature.it is very beautiful but i am not identify this