Old 26-04-2003, 04:44 PM
T Martin

Default Camellia Q: Fruit or Fungus???

Several of my camellias have developed dozens of
light-yellow/pinkish, thick, fleshy leaves with
powdery white undersides. These leaves are typically in
clusters from around where the blooms just recently fell,
near the end of the branches.

Some of these fleshy leaves look like they are
beginning to mold, but it does not seem to be spreading..

Is this possibly some sort of a fungus or virus;
or is it some sort of strange fruit?

Sorry that I do not have any photos to share.

-- Tim

Old 27-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Beecrofter

T Martin wrote in message ...
Several of my camellias have developed dozens of
light-yellow/pinkish, thick, fleshy leaves with
powdery white undersides. These leaves are typically in
clusters from around where the blooms just recently fell,
near the end of the branches.

Some of these fleshy leaves look like they are
beginning to mold, but it does not seem to be spreading..

Is this possibly some sort of a fungus or virus;
or is it some sort of strange fruit?

Sorry that I do not have any photos to share.

-- Tim

It is a leaf gall fungus much the same as ones which affect azalea.
Just remove the affected leaves and dispose of them.
It won't kill the plant but removing the affected leaves limits the
problem by removing a source of spores.

Old 27-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Marley1372

Are you sure it isnt the dreaded marphistes fungus that can only be cured with
10 gallons of muriatic acid???

lol

toad