Old 10-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Registered User

Unhappy Gongealed Weed Killer in Hose

Hi there, It appears I've stuffed up, I used my knapsack weedkiller 6 months ago & now looking to get back ontop of my weeds - but I did'nt flush the hose after use. Bugger.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could dissolve, or any other way remove the weed killer that is now hard in the hose.

I've tried to poke with wire, but with no success as the pump wont, well, pump!

Thanks for your input have a good one.
AJ
Old 11-08-2009, 04:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gongealed Weed Killer in Hose

"Ali J" wrote in message

Hi there, It appears I've stuffed up, I used my knapsack weedkiller 6
months ago & now looking to get back ontop of my weeds - but I did'nt
flush the hose after use. Bugger.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could dissolve, or any other way
remove the weed killer that is now hard in the hose.

I've tried to poke with wire, but with no success as the pump wont,
well, pump!

Thanks for your input have a good one.

I haven't got a clue if this would work or not, but since the sodding thing
is no use at all to you at the moment, you won't lose anything if it doesn't
work. If it was mine, I'd try putting the hose in a bucket and leave it to
soak for a couple of days in cold water. If that doesn't work, I'd then
leave it to soak for a few days in a biological laundry soaker of the kind
that is used for soaking nappies.