Old 04-02-2010, 02:52 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Garden Design Software?

I'm looking for an easy garden design software program (free or at
least reasonably priced would be great!) and am wondering if anyone
here has any to suggest. I like to have a plan for my vegetable
garden before planting and am getting tired of doing it by hand every
spring. Thanks.

Wayne
Old 04-02-2010, 05:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 4 Lut, 03:52, "
wrote:
I'm looking for an easy garden design software program (free or at
least reasonably priced would be great!) and am wondering if anyone
here has any to suggest. *I like to have a plan for my vegetable
garden before planting and am getting tired of doing it by hand every
spring. *Thanks.

Wayne

Hello Wayne,
you may have a look at http://gardenpuzzle.com It's more aimed at
desiging leisure garden but perhaps may be helpful.
Regards!
Marek
Old 05-02-2010, 12:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:28:54 -0800 (PST), mrafal
wrote:

On 4 Lut, 03:52, "
wrote:
I'm looking for an easy garden design software program (free or at
least reasonably priced would be great!) and am wondering if anyone
here has any to suggest. *I like to have a plan for my vegetable
garden before planting and am getting tired of doing it by hand every
spring. *Thanks.

Wayne

Hello Wayne,
you may have a look at http://gardenpuzzle.com It's more aimed at
desiging leisure garden but perhaps may be helpful.
Regards!
Marek

I tried a few applications and keep going back to a sheet of paper and
pencil. I have a drafting table and all the tools and can produce a
drawing much faster, more flexibility, and lower cost than any
program.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

Phisherman wrote:
On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:28:54 -0800 (PST), mrafal
wrote:

On 4 Lut, 03:52, "
wrote:
I'm looking for an easy garden design software program (free or at
least reasonably priced would be great!) and am wondering if anyone
here has any to suggest. I like to have a plan for my vegetable
garden before planting and am getting tired of doing it by hand
every spring. Thanks.

Wayne

Hello Wayne,
you may have a look at http://gardenpuzzle.com It's more aimed at
desiging leisure garden but perhaps may be helpful.
Regards!
Marek

I tried a few applications and keep going back to a sheet of paper and
pencil. I have a drafting table and all the tools and can produce a
drawing much faster, more flexibility, and lower cost than any
program.

I have had similar experiences. I bought Growit which was poor. I tried
various drawing packages without joy. Unless you are doing this all the
time the cost of learning the package becomes excessive.

Try paper with transparent overlays and make it big enough that the details
don't get too fiddly when scaled down. Your basic land layout of things
that cannot be changed (land boundaries, house etc) goes on the background
and then you do different layers for different solutions or for different
stages of development or activities. This way you don't have to keep
re-drawing common elements and you can quickly compare two solutions.

David