Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-02-2010, 11:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Who Would Be an Opposite of a monsanto Shill or Apologist?

"Wildbilly" wrote in message
In article , Charlie wrote:

Joel Salatin.

Some of ya are familiar with this man and his work. His attitude
towards farming also works small scale, as in gardening.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment...-salatin-advoc
ates-a-better-way-to-raise-food

“We should at least be asking, Is there a righteous way to farm and an
unrighteous way to farm? ... The first goal is to at least get people
to appreciate that how we farm is a moral question,” he says. “Once
you get to that point, then you can actually discuss: What is a moral
farm? What is a moral way to raise a chicken?”

Thanks, Charlie, a real keeper.

"Back to nature" farming but he keeps pigs indoors? Thats very unnatural so
I I certainly won't bother keeping it. Too much emphasis on righteousness
and too little on nature TMWOT.

When I look down on that poor animal on my plate, the last thing I want
to think about is whether it had been tortured. We have canine's. We are
facultative meat eaters, but that doesn't mean that we have to be
sadists.

The militarization of the country, with the increasing bloodiness of
entertainment (movies and video games), seems to be morally
de-sensitizing the populous.

I mean, who cares , if their dinner had to be delivered to the slaughter
house by fork lift?

Huh?